Copy From Another Language Page Is Missing

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:15

Copy From Another Language Page Is Missing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2012 00:00

I'm using SF 5.0.

When I create a new translation of an existing page, the option to either copy another language page or start from scratch appears to be missing. I am using the steps found in this video: http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/gettingstarted/administration/prepare-your-website-for-multilingual-content but instead of selecting where to start, I'm going straight to a blank page with no placeholders to drop in content controls.

Please help.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2012 00:00

Hi Cory,

Please verify that you have added a second language to the front-end of your website. Also, note that in the video a second translation is being added to an already existing English page. This is why a dialog appears, which asks whether the new translation should copy from the existing one. If you're creating a new page, you won't get that dialog. A video, describing the problem will be helpful to determine what causes it.

All the best,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed