How to create a user with only permission to view only the f

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:10

How to create a user with only permission to view only the forms(Forms Module) responses.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2012 00:00

How to create a user with only permission to view only the forms(Forms Module) responses?
I create a new role and set permissions.
Issues I faced
1. I could not disable content block editing
2. Pages section also was visible. Some how I managed to restrict. Still the menu items showed up.
3. I could see the Forms Menu, only if, I have set Create or Modify Permission. This allowed the user to edit the form. This user should be only allowed to view the responses and export responses  

These seem to be common requirements and some how could not find.
Sending notification mail in Forms Module is also seem to be a common requirement

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello Justin,

Thank you for using our services.

1. You can hide the content blocks page by setting permissions to the content blocks backend page. Go to Administration -> Backend Pages ->Content blocks and from the permissions for this page explicitly deny the User you would like to restrict. 
2. As for your other requirement, to restrict user from editing and publishing forms, but allowing him to see forms responses, go to Administration -> Settings -> Pages -> Sitemapfilters -> Forms and uncheck the filter, which is checked by default. This way the user will be able to see the Forms page, as well as the form response, but won't have the required permissions to edit or publish a form.

Let me know if you need additional assistance.

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Apr-2013 00:00

After removing the checkbox, the Forms module does appear. however, even after setting either all forms and even a specific form Modify permission to DENY, they are able to go into the form and edit a form field.  is this by design and / or am i missing a setting?

Also, in permissions for Forms it says "Comments". Does this really mean responses?
Thanks Jen.

AND - I can not seem to get permissions set so that they can only view the responses for a particular form.  Is this possible?

Thanks Markus.   I put my vote in!

This thread is closed