Custom product type problems

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:10

Custom product type problems

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2012 00:00

I have several custom products set up. All was working fine, until a couple of days ago when suddenly one of the custom products types is suddenly unuseable.

* The custom product type IS listed in the "Products by type" list on the right hand side of the product list page. If I select it here all the products of that type DO show (likewise all these products show in the main product list which shows all types). 
* I CAN edit and save the custom fields of the product type. 
* I CANNOT create new products of this type. The product type is NOT listed in the "Create a..." drop down list where the other product types are listed and selectable.
* I CANNOT select any of the products previously set up as this type to edit. Clicking on the product name simply does nothing. No errors - the click seemingly does not trigger any browser action at all (all other products of different types work fine).
* I CAN edit and delete variants for products of this type.
* The products of this type DO appear to be displaying and working fine on the front end.

I don't even know where to start with this issue. Please help!

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello,

This does sound like strange behavior. Can you check to see if there are any javascript errors? You can use Firebug to inspect the page for Javascript errors. Also, what are the names of the products types that are not working? Finally is there a beta/dev site we can go to and view the issue ourselves?

Please let us know your findings.

Regards,
Grace Hallwachs
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2012 00:00

I have resolved the issue with the missing options and links by editing the following configuration files:
CatalogConfig.contentViewControls.ProductsBackendDefinitionName.views.ProductsBackendMaster.config
CatalogConfig.contentViewControls.ProductTypesBackendDefinitionName.views.ProductTypesBackendMaster.config

Essentially both of these files were missing all lines relating to this particular product type. I've added them manually and this now allows me to select the products of that type, and also the option to create a product of this type is now available.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi,

I am happy to hear you were able to resolve this issue. Please let us know if you encounter this kind of behavior again.

All the best,
Grace Hallwachs
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed