CSS Bugs in RadWindow?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:44

CSS Bugs in RadWindow?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2012 00:00

I've been tearing my hair out over some very weird rendering problems with the RadWindow in Sitefinity (well, it's also present in the Rad Controls in general, I think).  See attached screenshot.

It appears that there are CSS bugs in the stylesheet.  I've noticed that several of the elements seem to be missing margin:0 settings.  For example:

/* RadWindow for ASP.NET AJAX Base Stylesheet */

/* MVC overrides */
.RadWindow table.rwTable,
.RadWindow table.rwShadow,
.RadWindow .rwTitlebarControls
    border:0;
    padding:0;
    margin:0; /* Missing rule. Fixes weird OOTB spacing issues */

.RadWindow .rwCorner,
.RadWindow .rwTitlebar,
.RadWindow .rwStatusbar,
.RadWindow .rwStatusbar table, /* Missing selector. Fixes weird OOTB spacing issues */
.RadWindow .rwFooterCenter,
.RadWindow .rwTitlebarControls td
    padding: 0;
    margin: 0;
    border: 0;
    border-collapse: collapse;
    vertical-align: top;

Also, from the Office2010Silver Theme (although there may be a better place to put this change): 
.RadWindow_Office2010Silver .rwShadow .rwControlButtons li
    float: left;
    padding: 0;
    margin:0 0/* Missing Rule. Fixes weird spacing issues with OOTB CSS */

Also, it's nice that you tell us the skins and themes are embedded in Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll but how do I construct a resource link to these?? 

If I use something like this as is shown in several places on your site:
<sf:ResourceLinks id="resourcesLinks" runat="server" Theme="Default16" UseEmbeddedThemes="false">
    <sf:ResourceFile Name="Css/window.css" />
    <sf:ResourceFile Name="Css/Window.Office2010Silver.css" />
</sf:ResourceLinks>

then there's a link to the /SFPageService/Css/window.css, which doesn't seem to exist.  I've created a Css subfolder under my themes folder, and tried to link to those (supposedly the resource file can map to the current theme), but haven't been able to get that working either.

For now, I've loaded the stylesheets via the normal "theme" mechanism, but it's obviously better to load them only when needed, instead of on every page. 

Can you give me a specific example that works with Sitefinity?

Regards,
Mike

This thread is closed