Deploying/Publishing a site

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:43

Deploying/Publishing a site

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2012 00:00

I am developing a site in Sitefinity 5.  I have a local dev copy where I was doing all of my work and want to roll it out to a QA site.  I published out of Visual Studio the files and did a backup and restore of the database to the new server.  All the content and styles are there, but the images in my image library are showing up as broken images.  Any ideas why?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2012 00:00

Hey Scott,

Sounds like a permission/configuration problem on your QA server, are you using IIS6 or IIS7?
From a recent struggle I had, I'd say you're using IIS6 and forgot to add the wildcard mapping to your configuration. 

- Right click your website in the IIS manager.
 - On the 'home directory' tab click 'configuration'. 
 - Add the bottom you'll see wildcard application maps, 
 - Insert  %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll  (or \Framework64\ if its 64bits).
 - Restart

Jochem

Jochem: Thanks.  Sounds reasonable.  It is an IIS6 box.  I was just trying to push it to a quick QA environment.  I have dev and production IIS 7, sadly, no QA.

However, I implemented your solution as you specified and it just takes the site down.  I even did a full iisreset with no joy.  Am I missing any steps that should be done?

Hey Scott,

If it takes the site down, then you probably have the checkbox 'Verify that file exists' checked - which shouldn't.

Have you also verified that the individual mappings for .svc and .xamlx are set and pointing to the same aspnet_isapi.dll ?

Jochem

That did the trick.  Thanks.

This thread is closed