Problems with migrated pages

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:35

Problems with migrated pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi

I have a migrated page with url  /general/publications/books/bk009  , when I try to navigate to the page using the url above it says page not found but I can navigate to the url using the .aspx extension in the url  /general/publications/books/bk009.aspx

Thanks,
Annie

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi,

At the moment all pages are extension - less by default. However if you for example migrate a 3.7 project to 5.0, the pages that exist in Sitefinity 3.7 will keep their extensions. However page extensions are forbidden for all pages ( in the Additional URL field ) but in our upcoming releases we will add the ability to have extensions for pages in the additional url field. Unfortunately in Sitefinity 5.0 there are no exposed properties which can be set to allow you to have an extension for newly created pages.

If you want to add extensions for your pages, you can workaround this by using a 3rd party url rewriter module (http://urlrewriter.net/ for example). If you use a rewriter, it should iterate over all the pages and for each additional url of a page generate a string like that:

<rewrite url="~/additionalUrl1.aspx" to="~/yourUrl"/>

<rewrite url="~/additionalUrl2.aspx" to="~/yourUrl"/>
Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed