BlobStorageBackend does nto exist in configuration files

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:29

BlobStorageBackend does nto exist in configuration files

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2012 00:00

When I click on Administration -> Basic Settings -> Stotage Providers I get this:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The ContentViewDefinition with name 'BlobStorageBackend' does not exist in configuration files.
You should either add the ContentViewDefiniton with such name to the configuration;
change ControlDefinitionName or load ControlDefinition programatically by setting
the ControlDefinition property.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The ContentViewDefinition with name 'BlobStorageBackend' does not exist in configuration files.
You should either add the ContentViewDefiniton with such name to the configuration;
change ControlDefinitionName or load ControlDefinition programatically by setting
the ControlDefinition property.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: The ContentViewDefinition with name 'BlobStorageBackend' does not exist in configuration files. 
            the ControlDefinition property.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.get_ControlDefinition() +282
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.BackendContentView.get_ControlDefinition() +31
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.ResolveContentManager() +38
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.ResolveDetailItem() +128
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.CreateChildControls() +83
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +102
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeControl.get_Controls() +15
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ControlTraverser.GetDepthFirst() +54
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ControlTraverser.Next() +63
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ControlTraverser.MoveNext() +31
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ResourceLinks.FindTypedControl(String id, Type searchType, TraverseMethod method) +584
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ResourceLinks.FindControl(String id, Control root) +230
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ResourceLinks.SetResourceProperty(EmbeddedResourcePropertySetter resProp) +97
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ResourceLinks.CreateChildControls() +1102
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +102
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +42
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +175
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2496

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272
Help please?!

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Andrei

I had the same exception being thrown out when testing a custom module I developed.

Once I unchecked the 'Read-only' attribute of all the config files in the '~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration' folder, the error went away.

Hope this helps

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2012 00:00

Thanks Yosief, I will let you know how I get on.
Andrei

This thread is closed