Pagination with multiple content types on one page`

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:11

Pagination with multiple content types on one page`

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2012 00:00

While demoing Sitefinity 5 on Azure, I placed several content items on a single page.  These included an image library, News, Events, and Blog Posts.  When clicking the pagination options for the image library, which had about 25 images in it in total but was set to only display 5 at a time, the pagination for the image library also affected the pagination for the news, blog, and events.

So if I wanted to see the 4th page of images, it would also try to display the 4th page of the news, blogs, and events.  There appears to be no separation of pagination between content types when they live on the same page.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

By design all Sitefinity ContentView widgets will filter by the URL parameters passed to the page URL. The behavior you are observing is normal as all widgets will read the pagination filter and filter accordingly. In order to separate this behavior you can go to each widget's advanced settings and specify different values in the UrlKeyPrefix field. This value will be added to the URL when operating with that widget only, so you'll need to set unique prefixes for each widget, this way they will filter individually.
For more information and additional explanations on how this technique works you can also check this forum thread, I believe you might find it useful.

If any issues persist, please not hesitate to get back to me, I'll be glad to assist you further.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed