Security Exception

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:00

Security Exception

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2012 00:00

I use Sitefinity version 5 in medium trust enviroment but get security exception.

[SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SitefinityClaimsAuthenticationModule..ctor() +0
please give me possible reason for that

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello,

The problem is coming from some security settings on your environment. As MSDN says regarding the error:

Only applications that are fully trusted by the runtime code access security system are allowed to access a shared managed code assembly that is not explicitly marked with the System.Security.AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers attribute. A partially trusted assembly (one that is registered in SQL Server with the SAFE or EXTERNAL_ACCESS permission set) that attempts to access a strong-name signed assembly without this attribute causes a System.Security.SecurityException to be thrown.

msdn.microsoft.com/.../ms345097.aspx

Also please ensure that Sitefinity is running in Full Trust environment. If you still experience issues with your shared hosting provider I can suggest you is to navigate to our Hosting Partners page and choose a hosting parting from the list - they are certified to run Sitefinity without having you to experience such errors.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed