This page is locked by [username] when moving from VS 2010 t

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:43

This page is locked by [username] when moving from VS 2010 to IIS

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi All

I've just started testing out the CMS, when I run it from the Project Manager or VS Development server everything runs smoothly.. apart from the odd occasional timeout. But when I move the site or even an empty project for that matter to my IIS 7 web server any page I create cannot be published or deleted even although I am logged in as the Administrator.. Any ideas what may be causing this? I've searched the forum with no solution to the said problem..

Cheers,
James

Oh and when I try to delete even an unpublished page it throws an error relating to permissions, even though it's the admin, fresh site and no permissions have been changed.

Hey James,

Any chance you might have AppFabric installed? 
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/unable-to-save-or-publish-pages-4-2-1650.aspx 

It's a long post but basically AppFabric's persistent Workflow isn't supported in combination with Sitefinity (yet)...

Jochem 

Hi Jochem,

Thanks for the quick reply.

No AppFabric installed I'm afraid.. However I have enabled WCF services on the box, perhaps install AppFabric to manage configuration as per your post?

Cheers

Hey James,

Honestly, I have no idea if that would help or not, I'm not a WCF/AppFabric expert...
It could be that just 'WCF services' introduces some blocking issues that can be overridden by installing full AppFabric, but might as well just be a waste of time.

If it were me, I'd enable logging for the services first (as Teodor describes in the forum post) and if anywhere you're hitting a 'missing current principal' I'd say welcome to the club :)

---
Just to verify (since I have AppFabric installed and not just WCF Services) if in IIS Manager you right-click your server, you don't have an option for 'WCF configuration/management' ?

Jochem

This thread is closed