Building site with Sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:57

Building site with Sitefinity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Apr-2012 00:00

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SitefinityClaimsAuthenticationModule.InitializePropertiesFromConfiguration(String serviceName) +16
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SitefinityClaimsAuthenticationModule.InitializeModule(HttpApplication context) +277
   Microsoft.IdentityModel.Web.HttpModuleBase.Init(HttpApplication context) +33
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModulesCommon() +166
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModules() +46
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitInternal(HttpContext context, HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers) +714
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +283
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +104
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +327

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.237

Am i missing some libraries or any files...please give me a quick reply

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2012 00:00

Hi Dhaval,

Thank you for using our services.

From the stack trace it seems that  the problem comes from the new Claims authentication mode that we have introduced. Please add the following property to your Security configuration file ( the top declaration line ):

<securityConfig xmlns:config="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration" xmlns:type="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration:type" .... >
the property is authenticationMode ="Forms".

Hope this helps.

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Having the same issue.
It's occurring after upgrading and merging the web.config settings. The settings to merge come from the posted upgrade docs.
I reviewed the security.config and the setting recommended here is already set to forms in our case.
Few other notes: We Installed the Windows Identity Foundation on our server and also have the Microsoft.IdentityModel.dll in the bin.

Jason Sobolewski

I think I found the issue:
I was using the wrong settings which were suggested in the upgrade docs. You need to keep the 4.4 settings for forms authentication. This is in the web.config under system.webserver.
    <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
    <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true">
      <remove name="WebDAVModule" />
      <remove name="UrlRoutingModule" />
      <remove name="ScriptModule" />
      <remove name="RadUploadModule" />
      <remove name="Sitefinity" />
      <remove name="SitefinityAnalyticsModule" />
      <remove name="SitefinityAtompubModule" />
      <add name="ScriptModule" preCondition="managedHandler" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
      <add name="Sitefinity" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule, Telerik.Sitefinity" />
      <add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule, Telerik.Web.UI" />
      <add name="SitefinityAnalyticsModule" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.DependencyResolution.Module.DependencyRegistrarHttpModule, Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.DependencyResolution" />
      <add name="SitefinityAtompubModule" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SitefinityAtompubModule, Telerik.Sitefinity" />
    </modules>

This thread is closed