Sitefinity Project Error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:33

Sitefinity Project Error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Apr-2012 00:00

Hello,
I am trying to migrate the website from the old version to the new version of sitefinity.
I uninstall the community edition and i got the licencse file and now i have installed the Sitefinity 5.0 edition with the standared edition.
and i have created one project using create Project
now after creating it when i browse that project its ask me to set the database
I have givem information
1) Server name
2) Database Name
3) Username and password
Into the next step It ask me to regiseter the Administator
I have given the follwoing information
1) First Name
2) Last Name
3) Email address
4) Username And password
Now when I clicked to continue buttuon
It gives me the following error

The specified role "Administrators" already exists.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Configuration.Provider.ProviderException: The specified role "Administrators" already exists.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ProviderException: The specified role "Administrators" already exists.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Data.OpenAccessRoleProvider.CreateRole(Guid id, String roleName) +447
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.AdministratorPane.EnsureRole(RoleDataProvider roles, RoleInfo role) +429
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.AdministratorPane.DoWork() +95
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.StartupWizard.wizard_FinishButtonClick(Object sender, InternalWizardNavigationEventArgs e) +146
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.InternalWizard.OnFinishButtonClick(InternalWizardNavigationEventArgs e) +96
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.InternalWizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +540
   System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +37
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +107
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +161
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +9
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +174
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4645

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.237

Please give me some solution ...
 I am trying to solve  from last week....
I can't found any solution.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2012 00:00

Dhaval,

Are you trying to point to a Sitefinity database that already exists? If so, try creating a completely different one.

This thread is closed