Error In Migration service.svc

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:44

Error In Migration service.svc

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2012 00:00

while i am trying to migrate the site from the old version to new sitefinity version it gives me error and throw exception :
The type initializer for 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Migration.MigrationService' threw an exception

please give me some suggestions....
Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 14-May-2012 00:00

In web.config file
I have added the following lines into <system.servicemodel> Tag
<serviceHostingEnvironment aspNetCompatibilityEnabled="true" multipleSiteBindingsEnabled="true">
        </serviceHostingEnvironment>

then also i am getting error in migration service.svc..
Any ideas???

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2012 00:00

Hi,

Make sure you have the Sitefintiy 3 site you are trying to migrate from and Sitefinity 5 site both hosted in IIS before trying to run the migration.

If you have used the automatic setup of the migration the project manager the project manager itself might not have permissions over your site folder to write the files for the migration to run so I recommend trying with the manual setup of the migration. The manual setup is also described in the text file includes in the zip archive with the migration module assemblies.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed