Internal Server Error on IIS 7.5 deployment

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:35

Internal Server Error on IIS 7.5 deployment

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2012 00:00

Dear All,

i have a big problem with my sitefinity project. I've created a project and i can make all inside
the site working with the cassini web server, but when i try to deploy it in the same machine
with my iis 7.5 (workstation windows 7) i log in correctly, but when i try to create a news or modify a template i get always 500 internal server error. I tryed to:
- change the app pool
- make the permission full controll for the user IUSR_MACHINE, NETWORK SERVICE and EVERYONE !

the site deployed in the iis 7.5 still don't work. I'm using the version 5.

Thanks to all

Alessandro

Posted by Community Admin on 07-May-2012 00:00

Dear All,
someone can help me ?
Thanks

Alessandro

Posted by Community Admin on 07-May-2012 00:00

Hey Alessandro,

Have you checked folder permissions against the appool identity ? Have you tried switching from 'claims based' to forms authentication? Is by any chance AppFabric or IIS Media services installed?

Other than that, you might want to check out (and post) the error.log file located in the App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs folder...

Posted by Community Admin on 08-May-2012 00:00

Hello Alessandro,

The problem is most likely coming from your server / network setup, therefore I would suggest to check the following blog posts regarding the deployment of Sitefinity:

If you are using IIS 7:

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/joshmorales/posts/11-02-22/installing_sitefinity_4_on_iis_7.aspx

and this one, if you use IIS 6:

www.sitefinity.com/.../installing_sitefinity_4_on_iis_6.aspx

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks to all,
i have to uninstall the:
- Transofm Manager
- Media Service 4.1
an now go very well, that's a little bit strange but anyway now all go well

thanks !!!

Alessandro

Hey Alessandro,

Glad you got it working!
Just so you know, you can use Sitefinity with Media Service 4.1, but you only need to remove the LiveStreamingHandler.

The 'LiveStreamingHandler' bundled with Media Services is only necessary when you're doing live streaming broadcasts, but its installed by default when you install Media Services. All the other stuff like smooth streaming and bit throttling work perfectly with Sitefinity.

You can either go into IIS management > Modules and completely remove it there so it won't be active no more on any site on your IIS server - or you can add a web.config line <removeHandler="LiveStreamingHandler"/> so it will only be deactivated for this site.

Jochem.

This thread is closed