Enter button does not submit form when RadTextBox has focus

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:39

Enter button does not submit form when RadTextBox has focus in 5.0 SP1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2012 00:00

Please tell me I'm missing something.  Has the default behavior of the RadTextBox changed to ignore enter key presses to submit a form?  I upgraded from 4.4 to 5.0 SP1.  My forms utilizing RadTextBoxes submit fine with an enter keypress in 4.4.  Now that I've upgraded if the RadTextBox is in focus you can't hit enter to submit the form.  You have to do a mouse click on the submit button.  A regular asp:textbox will submit fine.  I've tested this both on a plain aspx page (outside the CMS) and with in the CMS using a custom control.  I then realized there are RadTextBoxes in the Sitefinity backend pages when you edit a profile.  Indeed I cannot update a profile by hitting the enter key.  Is this a RadControl bug?  Can I go to a different telerik.web.ui version in 5.0 SP1 without problems?

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2012 00:00

Hmmm, in the Q1 2012 SP1 radcontrols there's a fix note for "Auto postback does not work for [Enter] key when the value is not changed for the RadNumericTextBox"

Could that be it?  SF 5.0 SP1 just has the RadControls Q1 2012 (not the service pack)

Release Notes

Posted by Community Admin on 07-May-2012 00:00

Thanks, it does indeed sound related to that.  There are various [Enter] button issues listed apparently.  Not totally certain but maybe I'll mess w/ Q1 2012 SP1 and try to get it in there and find out.

This thread is closed