Publishing Issue: Failed Workflow Operation

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:21

Publishing Issue: Failed Workflow Operation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2012 00:00

Hey guys,

I've recently downloaded the Sitefinity 5.0.2860 Project Manager to develop a website and I'm experiencing issues with publish pages. When i try to publish a page after editing a I'd get "Failed workflow Operation" does anyone know why exactly i'd be receiving this error. I even tried creating a new Page to do this and i still get the error. Urgent help is needed as this is a public facing website that has to be updated. I look forward to your response. I've also stated the specs of my server below. 

Windows Server 2003
IIS6 
.Net Framework 4.0
SQL Server 2005

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jun-2012 00:00

I have the same problem, everything works fine working against localhost, but when logged in externally and trying to publish, it locks the page and also it is not longer possible to open and publish from localhost.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jul-2012 00:00

SAME HERE.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jul-2012 00:00

I found if I have to do a build to get a change to show up on the site, it is best to close your web browser, and stop/start Cassini before you attempt any publishing. 

Sitefinity 5.1 is a Web Application not a website, I believe you should have to close the browser and restart Cassini for everything to work correctly.  You can still edit, but you cannot publish without the steps above. Someone please correct me if I am wrong here! 

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jul-2012 00:00

Update:   I went back to using IIS on my local computer instead of Cassini.  This appears to eliminate the workflow errors for my developing computer when pushing new templates from thunder.

This thread is closed