frozen products page.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:14

frozen products page.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-May-2012 00:00

We are having some issues with a page that uses the sitefinity 4.4 e-commerce module. The "products" page on the live site no longer lets the logged in user do anything. For example they can't drag/drop, delete, edit widget settings, etc. 

In our troubleshooting we have concluded that there's a good chance this is a database issue. Because or development environment did not have this issue but when we pointed the dev environment to the live database the issue appeared.  

Are there any tips/ideas you can provide us with to help us narrow down this issue? This is a critical bug on our live customer site so I would appreciate any suggestions/ideas as soon as possible. 

- Anthony 

I'd put in an urgent ticket on that one...I think our resident ecomm expert is offline today

Surely the amount of bug fixes in eComm from 4.4-5.1 is huge though...but I realize that's not always a quick fix for some sites :)

do you know how to mark a ticket as urgent?

Can't "mark" as urgent, just put the word in the Title, and if you have a contact at telerik (sales person perhaps?) try and leverage them to help get some help asap.

I know they want the module to succeed, so I'm sure they'll get all hands on deck to get it fixed asap.  Forums though are not checked as often as tickets...

Steve

I will update the title with the word "Urgent" thanks for all your help Steve!

- Anthony

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2012 00:00

I know... already feel guilty about emergency dentist appointment and taking the rest of the day off ;)

Steve's right, a support ticket is the best way to get 'attention' to a problem, the forums here are great place, but can't guarantee anything in terms of response time. Consider these tips (probably once you did already)... since I don't know the Sitefinity version number nor the troubleshooting steps you took

---
Try a different theme & template for the page.
Usually if backend page editing breaks, its because something in the theme or template is breaking/missing. Go to design >> page templates edit the template the product list widget is on and change the theme to 'Basic'. If you go back to your page editor and things still don't work - on the page edit screen click layout, bottom right change template and change it to a default one.

---
Drop a product list widget on a newly created default template/basic theme page.
Create a new page, with a Sitefinity default template and the basic theme and drop the product list widget on it. If it still doesn't work, the problem is definitely in the product list widget or the the widget template you created for it.

---
Try the product list widget with the default widget template.
If you have altered the default widget template, or using an external overriding template ~/ctrlpresentation/guid-bla-di-bla.ascx try it with the default Sitefinity one.
If it works, the problem is in your template...

---
Drop a buy-now-widget on the test page.
The buy now widget uses the same code base to retrieve a single product, drop it and see if it works. If it does, your underlying product catalog is ok. If not, then the problem lies in your product configuration.

---
Ok styling issues and custom design/coding issues are out of the way... 
I'm pretty sure you've ran into the issue by now, because you seem to be able to browse to the '.../brokenpage/Action/Edit' page and the editor is showing up. The only thing running from that point onwards (drag-n-drop) is /Sitefinity/Services/Pages/ZoneEditorService.svc
---

Fiddler 404 & 500 verification.
Use Fiddler to verify that you don't run into any 404 or 500 errors when accessing the page.
If you don't know Fiddler, just download it here and run it. While it's running, start up the website and browse to the Sitefinity Backend >> Pages >> Edit the page and (try to) drag-n-drop a widget. Now look at the Fiddler timeline again, if something shows up in red with a 404 (not found) or 50x (permission issue) you know where it's coming from.

---
Temporarily remove catalogconfig.config & ecommerce.config
In the /App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration folder you'll probably find the file 'CatalogConfig.config'. Remove it, recycle app-pool and try Sitefinity again. This file contains customized settings you've altered from the 'out-of-the-box' setup, but since it also stores GUID's there might be a mismatch.

When you're back in Sitefinity, go to Ecommece >> Configuration first and set the proper options (mainly tax items which are guid based)

---
If all else fails republish products...
Have you tried editing and saving the products again? Sure hope you don't have many but since you're guessing its db related and I'm guessing for a code related issue (template/page or widget template) if it's db related to the products you shouldn't be able to do this.

---
Known issues regarding ecommerce
There was a search related issue when you had a search index that included a product search it broke the product catalog but unless you have one on production and not one on development, that shouldn't be the issue.

Also Sitefinity introduced breaking changes with regards to retrieving images, so this might be the cause of your issues but the error just isn't displayed...

And finally, some .svc weren't included in the visualstudio project (being part of the solution) so they wouldn't get published. On v4.4.2117 & v4.4.2182 the /Sitefinity/Services/Catalog folder should contain 2 .svc files and the /Sitefinity/Services/Ecommerce/Catalog folder should contain 7 items. Where as in v4.3.2054 the /Sitefinity/Services/Ecommerce/Catalog folder contains 6 (ProductVariationsModuleService.svc is added in v4.4)

Good luck!
Jochem

This thread is closed