Delete a pagegroup after a page has been draged out of it no

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:17

Delete a pagegroup after a page has been draged out of it not working (extra ULRs)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2012 00:00

Yes I know I am still complaining about the extra urls but in 5.0 SP 1 it seem to be the following case.

Create a page 'Home'
Create a PageGroup 'Group 1'
Create a Page in 'Group 1' named 'Page 1'
Drag 'Page 1' out of 'Group 1' to same level as 'Home

Try to delete 'Group 1'. Because the extra Url ~/Group-1/Page-1 was added to 'Page 1' this is not possible. So you first have to find tha page that is causing the problem and remove the extra ULR. Sure hope nobody clears up in a one 100 page site to multiple new folders.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2012 00:00

Hello,

This is not a bug, it is a default behavior. The additional URLs saves the old URLs in order not to break the front end of the site. I have logged a feature request about the ability to delete the group page and all the additional URLs of the old child pages to be updated automatically. For your convenience you can follow the feature request status in PITS on this public URL and vote for its popularity. Hopefully will be able to implement it for the next releases.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed