Can't edit a template or a page using it

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:25

Can't edit a template or a page using it

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2012 00:00

I can't edit this template: http://www.gbci.org/usgbc-3-column.template.aspx 
or any page to which I have it applied. The delete works, but the edit does not. If I upload it as a new master template, I can start adding controls and edit them, but as some point it loses the edit functionality.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2012 00:00

Having the same issue in my custom templates.
I thought it has something to do with the author of the template but even when I logged in as the author, still not working. I can see the pencil but clicking it is not doing anything at all.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Oct-2014 00:00

Having same trouble today in 2014.  I can see ZERO answers to this and this post is over two years old.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2014 00:00

Hello Joe,

Can you please inspect the browser's console and check if there are any error there? In general, this type of issues might be caused by a conflict between the scripts loaded on the page or the page template and the version of the jQuery libraries Sitefinity uses. By default Sitefinity uses the built-in jQuery library (version 1.8.3) and we highly recommend that you use the same version in your project. To do this, you can use the ResourceLinks control as shown below which will ensure that the built-in jQuery library is loaded on your page or page template:

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" TagPrefix="sf" %>

<sf:ResourceLinks ID="resourcesLinks" runat="server">
    <sf:ResourceFile JavaScript Library="JQuery" />
</sf:ResourceLinks>

If you would like to use a different version of jQuery, please refer to the following article on how to avoid conflicts which may occur between the different versions.

In addition to this, can you please try to comment out temporarily the scripts you load on your master page to which you base the page template or remove any custom scripts which you may load directly on your Sitefinity page template using the Javascript widget. Then please test the behavior again.

Furthermore, if you have any custom widgets on the page template, can you please try to remove the custom widgets on by one in order to find out if the problematic scripts are loaded by one of the custom widgets?

You may also checkout the discussion in the following forum thread which is related to a similar issue.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed