Value cannot be null

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:04

Value cannot be null

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2012 00:00

HI Team telerik,

I have a page node issue. One of my page nodes have around hundred pages.
I create a duplicate of the page and publish it withour changing anything.

After I check view, I get the attached error.

To do away with this error, I move the same page to another page which does not ahve any sub pages. I click on view in the page hierarchy, I am able to view the page.

Then again I move the page to the previous hierarchy, the page works fine.

What can be the cause of this?

Regards,
Siddesh Kapadi

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2012 00:00

HI,

Any one on this?
Its pretty annoying to get this.

Regards,
Siddesh Kapadi

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi Team Telerik,

If there is no solution to this, can this be treated as bug?

Regards,
Siddesh Kapadi

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi Team Telerik,

Can there be a solution to this. Please let me know at the earliest.

Regards,
Siddesh Kapadi

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi Siddesh

This might not be the answer but please take a look at your web.config for something similar to    

<add name="SitefinitySiteMap" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinitySiteMap, Telerik.Sitefinity" taxonomyProvider="OpenAccessDataProvider" pageTaxonomy="Pages" rootNode="FrontendSiteMap" maxPageNodes="1000" pageProvider="OpenAccessDataProvider"/>

Notice the attribute of maxPageNodes="1000"... this has been added by myself and probably doesn't appear in yours...  I believe the default maximum number of page nodes within
a 'folder' or 'group' is 100.. so your problem may go away if you add the maxPageNodes attribute with an appropriate value...   please correct me if I'm wrong Telerik...

Regards

Daryl

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi Daryl,

Thanks for the reply. It solved my issue.

Dont know why Telerik team was unable to reply to this simple query.
Were they not confident enough of their solution?

And also, it doesnt make any sense to have this configurable, if the user has his requirements of creating so many pages.
If it was configurable it should not have allowed to create the pages under the node, if it exceeds the default or configured number.
I use to get this error when I edit the page. To rectify the same, I needed to move the page from one node to another and move it back to get it working. then again, I edit the page AGAIN, the same happens and I have to repeat the flow.

Its so unfortunate, that such basic things are not thought of by Sitefinity team while developing the product.

regards,
Siddesh Kapadi

This thread is closed