Validation Groups in forms

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 04:00

Validation Groups in forms

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2012 00:00

Setting the Validation Group property doesn't seem to work

I have a 3 page form, so I want each page (layout...) to have its own group.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi Steve,

I tested this and it seems that even if I set different validation groups for different elements and submit buttons, it still submits everything. I will need to confirm that this is a bug with the person who developed this, unfortunately he is out of the office. On Monday I will be able to either confirm this as a bug or have more information on how to use it properly. 

All the best,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2012 00:00

Much appreciated, thanks :)

...pretty sure its a bug since those fields do nothing, but maybe just not implimented

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2012 00:00

Hello Steve,

From what I found the function of validation group is to validate only the fields of a single form when you have multiple forms on a page. When you place a form widget and select a  form the validation group value is set automatically for the form widget. Did you use Pavel Iliev's blog to create a form with multiple pages?:http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/pavel-iliev/posts/11-11-20/client_side_multipage_forms.aspx. So basically the validation group maps the controls to the specific form. However I was unable to determine if it is supposed to work if you enter it manually.

Regards,

Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2012 00:00

No I don't go with that solution because it required me to make multiple layout controls for I guess 2-10 page scenarios.

I just used 3 100% layouts and a couple lines of javascript....and was hoping to set validation groups on the controls.

The fundamental problem of all of this is that you haven't yet allowed us to expose simple properties on the layouts.  Like if you let someone set the "NumberOfPages" on Pavels example in the "edit" mode of his custom layout, then you not only need to have one control, but the possibilities for layouts increases exponentially....like a role based layout for example.

This thread is closed