Sitefinity 5 takes too much time to load on first request

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:53

Sitefinity 5 takes too much time to load on first request

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2012 00:00

Hello guys,

As we know about this known issue for Sitefinity 5 takes too much time when the first request is made.  Sitefinity 5 architecture is like that it initializes every module of sitefinity on first request or if there is no cache.

This problem is getting serious and we need a solution of this problem. Sometimes site takes around 20 to 25 seconds to get loaded on first request which is really a big issue.

Please let us know how we can optimize the speed of website loading on first request. Tell me how we can disable modules, how we can get the best speed with sitefinity CMS.

Please reply early as possible.

Thanks & regards,
palak

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2012 00:00

Dear Palak

There are a couple of things you can do to solve that problem very fast (workaround)

a) keep your site warm. I use www.host-tracker.com to monitor my sites which as a side effekt seems to keep my sites warm.

b) you might want to have a look at this. http://www.iis.net/download/ApplicationInitialization

c) as usuall make sure your site is optimized. combine scripts, css wher possible. minimize css, use sprites for images (reduce host request), resize images in PS instead of SF.

d) wait for 5.1 which should bring what you are requesting in August. http://www.sitefinity.com/web-content-management/roadmap.aspx

Hope this helps for quick workaround, starters.
Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2012 00:00

Hello Markus,

Thanks for pointing out troubleshoot alternatives. But if somehow we can disable modules which sitefinity initializes on first request, that would be great help. I mean, if we can streamline the performance with code or settings, we'll surely go for that.

Thanks in advance,
palak

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2012 00:00

@palak,
  Disabling modules should be coming in July with 5.1 :)

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the information. Let's wait then for 5.1. Until then, i am planning to install iis warm-up tool in server which alwasy keeps alive the iis worker process. 

Thanks & regards,
palak

This thread is closed