Javascript widget not rendering on page (v5.0.2523.0)

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:04

Javascript widget not rendering on page (v5.0.2523.0)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2012 00:00

I've added a Javascript widget to a page, not including the script tags, and no matter which option I select for placement (e.g. in head tag, where wigdet placed, before closing body) the script is not rendered on the page when published.

Using v5.0.2523

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2012 00:00

Like 100% not rendered, you've viewed source and did a find?  One thing that'll tell you if it's there or not is it renders out <span></span> where you placed it in the designer too.

I only ask because I use them allover the place...

Correct - viewed source and did not find.  I've used them on other pages and the only difference with this particular widget is that it's a function().  The other times I've used them successfully it was simply a view lines of jquery to adjust display.

So what's in this widget then?....do you mind pasting it in?

function makenew()
window.open("../assets/VirtualTour/Phx/VirtualTour.html","blank","toolbar=no, resizable=yes");

Ok, I just tried it using that script on my site and it's there...can you try one quick thing?

Put this in it instead, publish the page, see if it renders you get the alert popup?

$(document).ready(function()
  alert("working");
);

function makenew()
window.open("../assets/VirtualTour/Phx/VirtualTour.html","blank","toolbar=no, resizable=yes");
(assuming jQuery is on your page, if not make it $telerik.$(document).ready

So the attachment is that I just tried on my site (granted with v2800) and it rendered okay...there's not anything else wrong right?  Like you can make changes to it, it saves, you can publish and go back and the changes are there?  If you drop another new widget on the page that renders okay?

This thread is closed