Backend in Firefox & Issues with IE8 (module builder / T

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:32

Backend in Firefox & Issues with IE8 (module builder / Twitter)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi,

I'm currently trying out CMS's for a new website and have been playing about with the community edition.

I can't get the module builder to load in IE 8 (work PC) and can't try Firefox as the /sitefinity backend URL just times-out on Firefox....

I got on the module builder at home using Chrome, however I need a CMS that will work on IE.

Another issue was that I couldn't activate any modules I created last night - I read up on an error with sitefinity 4 and media items, but aparently this was fixed in Sitefinity 5, but I even tried just having a module with a text box and nothing else, but still got the error. (Can't replicate now as it just shows a blank page here)

Also, the twitter feeds don't show up at all here.... I've tried other CMS's that show their twitter feeds no problems, so can't be anything blocking it here.....

Any help appreciated as I'm looking to make a decision on my CMS of choice shortly.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Thanks for letting me know about your issues! These aren't typical at all, so I'd like to take a look personally into this. When are you available for a quick call over these and possibly arrange an on-line meeting so that I could look into them directly?

Please feel free to contact me directly at the e-mail that will be added as CC to the e-mail notification you'll receive regarding my post.

Looking forward to hearing back form you!

All the best,
Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Now isn't a good time as I don't have access to the server.

I'm running it on port 84 behind a reverse proxy (NginX (port 80)) - I'll try changing port 80 to go direct to IIS tonight to see if that solves the Firefox login issue... as for module builder, that didn't work on my sandbox trial either (thought it was just a sandbox restriction), So I can only assume this is a bug within Sitefinity and not a misconfiguration on my server.

Update: Just tried adding a twitter feed to my Sandbox, and can't see that either? IE or Firefox...

:Another update....

Viewing the source for the twitter feed shows :
<DIV id=TF3249B1F005></DIV>

and nothing inside the div.... weird...

-----

After comparing differences between Sandbox & my server – sandbox is forms based, server is claims based? This may fix firefox login issue? But my permissions to the security config file aren’t right and can’t write to it – only edit through FTP.. grrr…!

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi Gary,

I will put a summary of our e-mail communication so far to update the community.

Summary - The Twitter widget didn't work because of a firewall that prevented the access of the twitter app to its data and as a result the twitter widget wasn't able to generate any mark-up.

As for the module builder, we are still trying to identify the reason. From my Chrome browser I was able to open the module builder page without any problems. 

Regards,
Peter
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed