Please help, our sitefinity built website is completely down

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 03:04

Please help, our sitefinity built website is completely down!!

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2012 00:00

I added a custom field for images called Order as a number which created SQLType
decimal(20,0).

I recently went into documents and added a custom field called Order but this time I wanted it to be SQLType nvarchar(255).

I now get the following error in Sitefinity when I try to edit Content > Images, Videos or Documents.

The column 'Order' is mapped to two (or more) different properties and has conflicting changes to the 'SqlType' property.

I did not know that images, documents and videos are all stored in the same table.  I understand why it happened but how do I fix it?

Our website will now not load because the Images that load fail with the above issue.

I went into the Sitefinity SQL Database for our site but I am not sure where to edit or what to do to fix the issue.

Please help....
here is entire error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The column 'Order' is mapped to two (or more) different properties and has conflicting changes to the 'SqlType' property.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The column 'Order' is mapped to two (or more) different properties and has conflicting changes to the 'SqlType' property.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: The column 'Order' is mapped to two (or more) different properties and has conflicting changes to the 'SqlType' property.]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessLibrariesProvider_bacfd98f3522425bbbaec441120c53a0.Initialize(String providerName, NameValueCollection config, Type managerType) +405
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +1972
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +74
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SetProvider(String providerName, String transactionName) +526
   BuildUp_Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.LibrariesManager(IBuilderContext ) +306
   Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildPlanStrategy.PreBuildUp(IBuilderContext context) +304
   Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context) +434
   Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name, IEnumerable`1 resolverOverrides) +440

[ResolutionFailedException: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.LibrariesManager", name = "OPENACCESSDATAPROVIDER".
Exception occurred while: Calling constructor Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.LibrariesManager(System.String providerName).
Exception is: InvalidOperationException - The column 'Order' is mapped to two (or more) different properties and has conflicting changes to the 'SqlType' property.
-----------------------------------------------
At the time of the exception, the container was:

Resolving Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.LibrariesManager,OPENACCESSDATAPROVIDER
  Calling constructor Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.LibrariesManager(System.String providerName)
]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase.GetManager(Type managerType, String providerName) +276
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.LibrariesNodeFilter.IsNodeAccessPrevented(PageSiteNode pageNode) +363
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.IsAccessibleToUserInternal(SiteMapNode node, ClaimsIdentityProxy user) +543
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.NodeFiltersCache.IsAccessible(SiteMapBase sitemap, SiteMapNode node, ClaimsIdentityProxy user) +409
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.IsAccessibleToUser(HttpContext context, SiteMapNode node) +200
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinitySiteMap.IsAccessibleToUser(HttpContext context, SiteMapNode node) +24
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityRoute.CheckSecurity(HttpContextBase httpContext, PageSiteNode node) +50
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityRoute.GetRouteData(HttpContextBase httpContext) +567
   System.Web.Routing.RouteCollection.GetRouteData(HttpContextBase httpContext) +355
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.PostResolveRequestCache(HttpContextBase context) +75
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +270

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2012 00:00

I figured this out...

Not sure if this is a bug in sitefinity or what but I went into the back end sql into the sf_mt_fields_sf_meta_attribute table and noticed two entries for the same field with different sqltypes etc....
I delete the one that caused the issue and it is back to normal.

There should be some sort of explanation that you cannot have the same custom field name with different data types for images, documents and videos as they all share the same table 

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jun-2012 00:00

Since there's no response from the big T, you should submit this as a bug ticket so it can be logged and fixed...I'd say anything you can do in the backend UI that causes a YSOD...is a bug :)

This thread is closed