Making your own css theme breaks page editor

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:04

Making your own css theme breaks page editor

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2012 00:00

I made custom template based on my own .master file and made my own css theme on it.
After that all my page editor breaks and I can't edit dragged items anyway, because edit button is unreachable for me.

I guess it's breaking, because I made fixed size of my page. So in .master file I have

<body>
<div class="page">
</div>
</body>

And in CSS part I gave fixed width to page.

.page

width:1000px;
    margin:0 auto;

P.S. I am working with Sitefinity 5.0.

Why can I solve this weird issue?

P.S. I am working with Sitefinity P.S. I am working with Sitefinity 

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jun-2012 00:00

Vahe,

The CSS that you're using for your theme affects all elements in the browser. If you have something that conflicts, you'll need to remove it or add something that will "fix" it while in the page editor.

.myclass background-color: red;
.sfPageWrapper .myclass background: none;

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2012 00:00

Hello Vahe,

As Tim properly pointed out, your css declaration affects the page editor, because you're setting your styles to the body, and the backend html is located inside the body. I would recommend you to set your styles to the.sfPageWrapper  class, since the div with class .sfPageWrapper  wraps all your front-end content.

All the best,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed