'SFPageService does not exist' errors in Windows App

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:04

'SFPageService does not exist' errors in Windows Application Log after SF 4.4->5 upgrade

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jul-2012 00:00

On July 5th, I upgraded our production server from 4.4 to 5.0.2860.0 SE.  Since then I'm seeing lots of errors in the Windows Application log that look like to following:

An unhandled exception occurred and the process was terminated.

Application ID: /LM/W3SVC/4/ROOT

Process ID: 3972

Exception: System.Web.HttpException

Message: Directory 'E:\Web Sites\NLGSitefinity\SFPageService' does not exist. Failed to start monitoring file changes.

StackTrace:    at System.Web.FileChangesMonitor.FindDirectoryMonitor(String dir, Boolean addIfNotFound, Boolean throwOnError)
   at System.Web.FileChangesMonitor.StartMonitoringPath(String alias, FileChangeEventHandler callback, FileAttributesData& fad)
   at System.Web.Caching.CacheDependency.Init(Boolean isPublic, String[] filenamesArg, String[] cachekeysArg, CacheDependency dependency, DateTime utcStart)
   at System.Web.Caching.CacheDependency..ctor(Int32 dummy, String[] filenames, DateTime utcStart)
   at System.Web.Hosting.MapPathBasedVirtualPathProvider.GetCacheDependency(String virtualPath, IEnumerable virtualPathDependencies, DateTime utcStart)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.VirtualPath.SitefinityVirtualPathProvider.GetCacheDependency(String virtualPath, IEnumerable virtualPathDependencies, DateTime utcStart)
   at System.Web.ResponseDependencyList.CreateCacheDependency(CacheDependencyType dependencyType, CacheDependency dependency)
   at System.Web.HttpResponse.CreateCacheDependencyForResponse()
   at System.Web.HttpCachePolicy.UpdateFromDependencies(HttpResponse response)
   at System.Web.HttpCachePolicy.UpdateCachedHeaders(HttpResponse response)
   at System.Web.HttpCachePolicy.GetHeaders(ArrayList headers, HttpResponse response)
   at System.Web.HttpResponse.UpdateNativeResponse(Boolean sendHeaders)
   at System.Web.HttpRuntime.FinishRequestNotification(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context, RequestNotificationStatus& status)
   at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationHelper(IntPtr managedHttpContext, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)
   at System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.ProcessRequestNotification(IntPtr managedHttpContext, IntPtr nativeRequestContext, IntPtr moduleData, Int32 flags)

Over the past 7 days I'm seeing the error an average of 8.66 times.  My application logs go back to 5/13 and the error had not occurred once from 5/13 - 7/4.  They start showing up after the upgrade.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Thanks -- Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jul-2012 00:00

Here's a bit more info:

The error also causes the SF webapplication to crash.  I can cause the problem 9 times out o 10 by navigating to www.mywebsiteurl.com/default.aspx.

My masterpage did have a link that pointed to "~/default.aspx" which I've since changed to point to "~" which has made it less likely the crash would occur.  However, the masterpage hasn't changed since we went live over 4 months ago and I did not have this issue with SF 4.x so it does appear to have something to do with SF 5 changes.  Regardless, shouldn't SF handle page routing for default.aspx?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello Steve,

One way to resolve this is by deleting Default.aspx. What I recently tried, and it seemed to work was to create the SFPageService folder in the root of the project and that looked like it solved the problem without having to delete the Default.aspx file. 

Greetings,

Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2014 00:00

I'm getting this too now. Not very excited about it. It seems to happen as soon as I add in a second register tagprefix etc at the top of a base.master page. And yes, as soon as I create the folder,.. .it works. Is there anything I can do about this or am I bandaiding this?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2014 00:00

Hello,

I have not encountered this error in the newer versions, would it be possible to share some more information how you reproduce this on your end, please?

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed