So....what do I do about your dates....

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:34

So....what do I do about your dates....

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2012 00:00

Sitefinity and Kendo hate eachother when it comes to dates...SF wants to send the wierdo WCF format, Kendo expects a real date format.

Is there a workaround outside of you guys fixing it to serialize with JSON.Net? :)...like short-term, can I somehow convert it?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi Steve,

I would have to consult my colleagues on this one, so it would be great if you could provide me with some additional details about what you're trying to achieve and where you get the date format from. Thank you for your cooperation. 

All the best,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2012 00:00

WCF date formatting isn't a valid JS date format and thus kendo can't parse it.  Just sucks to work with...

www.hanselman.com/.../OnTheNightmareThatIsJSONDatesPlusJSONNETAndASPNETWebAPI.aspx

This is fixed in the latest WebAPI to use the ISO 8601 date standard by using JSON.Net internally.  So perhaps the "fix" if it doesn't bite you guys in the ass enough on the kendo conversion is wait until SF implements WebApi for its services?

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi Steve,

I consulted my colleagues, and it turns out that changing date format to json.net is a tough one, since json.net doesn't support type/property descriptors, which are used in Sitefinity pretty often. Our developers have tried to do that, but the json.net API is not compatible with the changes. As a workaround you can take a look at this blog post, where a similar problem is discussed:

http://www.kendoui.com/forums/ui/grid/how-to-use-datasource-schema-kendogrid-columns-properties-with-complex-json-responses.aspx#1805916 

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2012 00:00

hello,. i am glad to have also read this message

This thread is closed