Bug regarding sorting Lists and Pages

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:29

Bug regarding sorting Lists and Pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jul-2012 00:00

Hi Telerik,

To me the sorting bug regarding Pages and Lists is still there?
Hope you can proof me wrong.

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity/bugs-issues/sorting-bugs.aspx

Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2012 00:00

@Daniel
http://www.marktold.com/screencast/reordering.swf to me it really seams that this is still the case
@Telerik
It really is great to have big stuff for big guys like MVC, Razor, Web Forms, Cloud and everyting. But if this bug is still not fixed then I must say - it is less then I expect since this bug has been know for some time.

If the bug really still exist. What are we about to tell our customers? Just that it simply does not work, has not worked and that we don't know when and if it will work?

Sorry when I come on a bit strong.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello,

It seems that this bug is really serious and fixing the issue will require more development time. As we want to ensure that checking in this fix will not impose any regression potential on other related functionality. We will need to make a lot of tests and we will do our best to integrate this fix soon. At the moment I can suggest you to fix the ordinals of existing pages and items. Please review the following KB article.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I probably don't understand it, but to me it seems I rather have this bug fixed then having MVC. What is the reason for not getting this nasty bug solved a.s.a.p.? It's been there too long. This should just work. Everyone uses it.

Almost like when you offer the ability to create pages in a CMS but rather that it creates a Page you get a Template. And then we offer our clients a nice, self-made .aspx page which has a button that can turn the template into a Page. Solved!

Some clients won't upgrade from 4.3 because of this, and I can't blame them for not doing so. Still, they miss out all new stuff.

---
Daniel

@Daniel My guess?...they're putting kendo into the backend to replace the radcontrols (sometime), so they're probably just ignoring it since it'll be gutted anyway.

...just a guess though :)  I can't imagine something as simple as ordering a list would be hard to fix.  The order exists on the client, the Ordinal values can be figured out by someone with even moderate javascript knowledge.

I don't even know why it'd be held back b/c of tests...it doesn't work now, whats the harm in trying to make it work?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2012 00:00

Just adding my small voice to the community to request that the Sitefinity product put a higher priority on fixing bugs and usability, vs. extra functionality for a while.

It's an amazing product, and we can achieve anything we want to in one way or another, but things outside of our control (like bugs that our corporate clients will be shocked at) put us in an awkward position with clients.

@Stephen2

You got my vote. Sometimes in my office I look at a lot of small stuff that should be done and a new exiting idea. The new idea always looks better to me.
This is how I feel about SF development. There are so many good small ideas and feature request in the forum and pits to make at least to releases worth of  workload - but new stuff is sometimes simply more exiting :-)
Many of us have voted in the past for Telerik to make one release cycle targeting only these small bugfixes and imporvements - but it really is their decition.

Markus
PS: Lots of small stuff to be done in my office were postponed for this post :-)

@Stephen2
+100

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2012 00:00

Yes your definitely right daniel.

Hello all,

We will do our best to fix the problem for Sitefinity 5.3 release. Please excuse us for the inconvenience this has caused you and thank you kindly for the understanding.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Stefani

I sure hope your best will be good enough. Because if this bug is not in 5.3 I would not want to reply to the answers you will get in this thread.

Have you ever thought about our side. Imagine your cars turn signal did not work in February and you have been to the local garage shop 4 times and every time they tell you that they will do there best to fix the turn signal, but after 6 months its still not working.

What would you think?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2012 00:00

Hello all,

The problem has been fixed in our Sitefinity 5.2 SP1 version. For your convenience you can review our release notes.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

This thread is closed