Bug: Category list isn't paged, causes script errors

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:26

Bug: Category list isn't paged, causes script errors

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jul-2012 00:00

My category list has 768 items in it, however since there's no paging the entire page locks up and freezes then I get an unresponsive script error popup.

Moreover...how the heck do you delete categories with the API?  Everything I try results in a YSOD.

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello Steve,

Thank you for contacting us.

I have tried to reproduce the problem on my end, but with no success. I have 1000 categories in the list, but I haven't associated them with any items, so can you tell me if you have associated yours? Also can you provide me with your server's specs?  

For deleting a category you can use this code:

TaxonomyManager manager = TaxonomyManager.GetManager();
manager.Provider.SuppressSecurityChecks = true;

HierarchicalTaxon Taxon = manager.GetTaxa<HierarchicalTaxon>().Where(t => t.Title == "Title").FirstOrDefault();
                if (Taxon != null)

manager.Delete(Taxon);
                    manager.SaveChanges();

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2012 00:00

I was using Firefox with firebug enabled

So are you saying there's no paging by design?

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi Steve,

We're using RadTreeView for all the hierarchical items representation in the backend. Unfortunately TreeView does not support paging by design, and switching to grid or list views is also not a suitable option as we need a mechanism for displaying the item hierarchy. One possible workaround would be breaking down the larger taxonomy lists in separate classification.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed