How to Get GUID of Current Page's Object for use in User

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:33

How to Get GUID of Current Page's Object for use in User Control

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2012 00:00

I have created a custom module named "Courses".  I have some pages (View, Edit, etc.) that will have functionality contained within User Controls.  I tried the following structure, but it did not work because I have not been able to get ViewState enabled within the User Controls in order to retain values upon Postback.
Edit Course
  Courses Widget (Single Item)
     Widget Template  (Course - Single)
         Declaration of User Control

Therefore, I am resorting to the following structure:
Edit Course
    Custom Widget (pointing to desired user control)

This approach does seem to retain values upon Postback with ViewState enabled.  However, I cannot seem to find a way to programmatically get the GUID of the current record  using this approach.  In other words, I need my User Control to some how be able to get the GUID associated with the course for the URL of the Edit Page (site/.../test-course-5).

Any help would be appreciated.  Please let me know if there is any additional information or explanation needed.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi Andrew,

I have responded in your support thread. 

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed