Server Error 'Index was outside the bounds of the array&

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:09

Server Error 'Index was outside the bounds of the array' , w/ stack trace attached

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2012 00:00

I am currently reviewing as many of the previous forum posts about this as I can to try and identify the issue we're experiencing. I've noticed that in many cases there are unique fixes that need to take place, so I thought I'd take a moment to post our stack trace and experience to see if anyone can help me track down what has happened.

We are unable to navigate to our homepage at http://www.cc-institute.org , but the sub-pages load just fine: (example) http://www.cc-institute.org/crnfa/steps 

I am also able to access the administrative area, but am unable to save any pages due to this same error message that appears in a popup (see attachment 'Error-2.jpg').

Last week we attempted to install a module, but ended up backtracking to delete it from the 'Advanced Settings' area underneath toolboxes and removed all the files that had been uploaded. The site had been working fine since removing that module until today. Perhaps there was a delayed scheduled build of sorts that is causing this now? I dont see a reference to it in the stack trace and need some help with this one.

Thank you in advance, it is much appreciated.

Here's the server error in text form:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.]
   System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) +12692720
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.PermissionAttribute..ctor(String permissionSetName, String[] actions) +551
   System.Reflection.CustomAttribute._CreateCaObject(RuntimeModule pModule, IRuntimeMethodInfo pCtor, Byte** ppBlob, Byte* pEndBlob, Int32* pcNamedArgs) +0
   System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.CreateCaObject(RuntimeModule module, IRuntimeMethodInfo ctor, IntPtr& blob, IntPtr blobEnd, Int32& namedArgs) +77
   System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeModule decoratedModule, Int32 decoratedMetadataToken, Int32 pcaCount, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, IList derivedAttributes, Boolean isDecoratedTargetSecurityTransparent) +1286
   System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeMethodInfo method, RuntimeType caType, Boolean inherit) +12579523
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.AuthorizationPermissionProvider.AuthorizeOutput(IMethodInvocation input, IMethodReturn output) +604
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SitefinityAuthorizationCallHandler.Invoke(IMethodInvocation input, GetNextHandlerDelegate getNext) +384
   Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.Unity.InterceptionExtension.HandlerPipeline.Invoke(IMethodInvocation input, InvokeHandlerDelegate target) +198
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessNewsProvider_7ddcd6e87b694db0a31e2a1dc3e0f86c.GetNewsItems() +298
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.News.Web.UI.MasterListView.InitializeControls(GenericContainer container, IContentViewDefinition definition) +113
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.Views.Backend.ViewBase.CreateChildControls() +89
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +182
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeControl.get_Controls() +24
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.LoadView(String viewName) +555
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +182
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +60
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4201

Hi Shannon,

We managed to resolve the issue during an express remote assistance session with your colleagues. In case you stumble upon a similar issue in the future, try to recycle the application pool of the website. If the issue persists contact us.

We also recommend that you upgrade your website from Sitefinity 4.0 to the latest Sitefinity 5.1 SP1 release.

All the best,
Anton Hristov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed