Issue with Multi-lingual Site

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:22

Issue with Multi-lingual Site

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi,

I have 2 issues regarding translating an English site.

1) We are translating our English Site into German and Spanish -- starting with German. I went through the site pages and created the German pages. When creating each German pages, I am  prompted if I wanted to "Copy from another language" - I select English and the English copy is added to the page. This is exactly what I want & pass the German pages off to a content editor to update the pages with the German copy.

Next I enable Spanish & start the same process. Again when prompted to "Copy of another language" I choose English. BUT when the page is created no English copy is added. The content blocks are there but no text. I would like the English text to carry of so that the content editors can update the copy while maintaining the style. Does anyone know 1) Why this is doing this? and b) How can I fix this -- I have 3 additional languages to add in the fufure.

2) the second issue is with the page hierarchy of the in the german site. Our Structure is: Home - Solutions - Getting Started - About us. In English it is correct order, but in German it the order could be: Home - About us - Solutions - Getting Started. The order is incorrect in the Nav and when re-arranging the german pages it also effects the english site. This is causing a ton of issues with our content editors. Does anyone know why this is happening? Any idea on to fix this?

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,
Nick

Update: I am now receiving an error when editing an English version of the page where the text didn't copy over to the spanish version. The error only occurs in Admin -- the page loads fine in the site.

The error in the browser is" "This page cannot be displayed" and in the Sitefinity error log:

08/07/2012 10:54:26
Type : System.Web.HttpException, System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
Source : Telerik.Sitefinity
Help link :
WebEventCode : 0
ErrorCode : -2147467259
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : IOutputItem GetOutputItem(System.Web.HttpRequest, System.Web.HttpResponse, Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.ICacheManager, System.String, Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.MediaContent ByRef)
Stack Trace :    at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.Web.LibraryHttpHandler.GetOutputItem(HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, ICacheManager cache, String key, MediaContent& content)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.Web.LibraryHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Things have gone from bad to worse. Anyone have an idea as to what's going on? Thanks!

This thread is closed