Make German default
Remove English

Create a page - Delete the page - Works correkt

------
Create a Page 1
Create a Page 2

Select the checkboxes in front of the Page 1 and Page 2
Click Delete

You will be prompted if you want to remove the German version only or all translations which is a bit confusing if you have only one language :-)

Markus

PS: Sorry Title should read Remove not Repeat. Admin can you change that?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello Markus,

This is an expected behaviour. When frontend and backend languages differ, your site will be multilingual. You need to set the backend language to be the same as the frontend (German for example) for your site to be monolingual. 

Regards,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Aug-2012 00:00

Dear Pavel

Short version: you got to be kidding

Long version:

This might be expected behavior from Teleriks developers.  Sorry but this sounds like it is expected to get an error when you have VB Code in C#.

So what you tell me is for a enduser its clear that if he as a site with only ONE (1) front end language that when he deletes a single page he will just be asked if he wants to delete it but when he selects two pages (both the same single front end language) he will be prompt if he wants to delete all translations!!

Where in fact there are no other translations. No matter how much this behavior is expected by you guys for every front end user its confusing. Some what not consistent.

----------
Here comes another car analogy.

You have a sports car with two (2) seats. Now you remove the driver seat and will be asked to you want to remove that seat.

You have a sports car with two (2) seats. Now you remove the driver and passenger side seat and will be asked if you want to remove the passenger seats in the back as well (even though they don't exist).
--

Sorry LOL.

You are right: I will just instruct my clients that if they don't want any confusing messages they should first switch the backend to the same language as the frontend. This would also have the benefit that the long standing annoyance that the backend language changes according to the frontent language of a page would not be happening any more.

Markus

PS: True multilingual means I can have different front end, backend, files, images but they do not interfere with each other. If I set my backend to english I want it english in all pages I edit not only in the english once and have french in french front-end language pages.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi Markus,

You have made some good points there, so i have logged this intro our system for fixing. You can follow the progress in our PITS as well as vote to increase its popularity. Your Telerik points have been modified accordingly. 

Regards,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2012 00:00

Dear Pavel

Thanks for opening a PITS for this. I don't really expect to see this fixed anytime soon. The bug that the backend changes the language according to front end pages never made it to PITS and was not adressed in the last 8 month either

More confusing stuff never made it to PITS and has not been addressed. 

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity/bugs-issues/translation-changes-backend-language-on-pages.aspx 

Sept 11 Lubomir - Definitely not a feature
Nov 11 Lubomir - bug is logged in bugracking and has quite a high priority
Nov 11 Georgi - If we cant fix in 4,4 we definitely include in 4.4 SP1
Jan 12 Georig - Bug has only 3 votes (different bug then the problem really is)

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2013 00:00

In 5.3 if you select one page in a monolingual site it sais correct. Delete cancel

If you select multiple pages it still asks you if you want to delete current language or all languages. What is the clients suppost to think if he has one language only and is asked if he want's to delete all languages.

Anyone a Telerik cares about this?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

I have increased the severity of this bug and I have talked to one of our developers team. We will do our best to integrate the fix as soon as possible.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2013 00:00

Is there a PITS for this.

Still think it is strange for customers to be aske if they want to delete all language versions in a one language site.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

Please find the PITS on the following URL. I will discuss this problem with our developers again.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

This thread is closed