Module Builder Bug: Delete a can break identifier setting

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:54

Module Builder Bug: Delete a can break identifier setting

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2012 00:00

Tested with SF 5.1 SP1

Depending on the order and types of the fields in the module, deleting the first field can result in the following error: "No required short text fields have been defined. In order to create a custom type you need to define at least one required short text field." 

Steps to reproduce:

1. Add a new field of any type other than Short Text. In this example I created an new module called "Dummy" and I'm adding a Number Field named "MyNewField"

2. Go to "Backend screen tweaks" and click the "Reorder fields" button

3. Drag the field you created in step 1 to the top of the field order and save your changes

4. Go back to the module landing page click the "YourModuleName Items" link to edit the module. See the attached "module fields before deletion.png" image. Note that "Title" is selected for the "Which field is the identifier of the content?" setting.

5. Delete the field added in step 1. Referring to the attached "module fields after deletion.png" image, note that the deletion resulted in clearing the dropdown for the "Which field is the identifier of the content?" setting and that the dropdown is now disabled. Also note that attempting to save the changes resulting the following message: "No required short text fields have been defined. In order to create a custom type you need to define at least one required short text field."

There's also another related nuisance bug:

6. Click the "Cancel" link to cancel your changes.

7. Repeat step 4. Note that the "No required short text fields have been defined. In order to create a custom type you need to define at least one required short text field." is still displayed event though the "Title" short test field is selected.

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2012 00:00

Arrg--just noticed a typo in my thread title which should read "Module Builder Bug: Deleting a field can break identifier setting".  Note to Telerik: It would be nice to be able to edit titles.

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2012 00:00

Came across this also once. Had to start over.

Markus

This thread is closed