How to grant access to Pages Tab

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:47

How to grant access to Pages Tab

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello.
I've tried every role i can come up with but the only role giving access to the pages tab is the Administrator role. Tried logout and logon, recycling of application pool.
Which specific permission gives access to the pages tab?
(Pages tab, where one finds Dashboard, Content, Design etc...)

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello Andreas,

In order to set permissions for the Pages tab you need to go to Administration->Permissions click on "by Role or User". Now from the left menu choose your custom role and scroll down in the right pane until you reach Widget Templates section. You will see a Pages sub-section in it, where you can add the wanted permissions. Please keep in mind that assigning only the "View" permission won't give you access to the Pages tab since it refers to the frontend pages. 
Next step is to go to the Pages tab and click on Permissions for all pages on the right hand side, where you need to assign your role to the required permissions.
Take a look at this video where I create a role and assign permissions for view, edit, and delete of pages. You may want to check out our Documentation for more information on managing permissions.

Greetings,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2012 00:00

Thank you, that worked!

Maybe you are up to a follow up question? If I have two roles on one user, one role which grants access to a certain page and one that does not (bot does not deny). Which one overwrites the other?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello,

So it is no longer possible in version 5.1 to provide access only to a specific page for a custom role?

Greetings,

Cyril

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello guys,

@Andreas

In case of 2+ roles assigned to one user the permissions from both roles are combined, so in case there is no explicit denying of a page you should be able to access it. If one of the roles have permissions, but the other have explicit denying for a page, the page won't be accessible since denying has more priority.

@Cyril Bioley 

In order to give access to a specific page you need to go to Pages tab and click on the Actions menu for the corresponding page. Choose Permissions and break the inheritance of the page. From there you can specify the permissions you need to for that particular page.

I hope this helps.

Greetings,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi Pavel,

Actually it is what I had already tried. It was working with version 5.0, but since we upgraded to 5.1 it ceased to work.

We tried with a fresh install: still no luck.

Here is a screencast applying the instructions you gave me:

Thanks for your help.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi,

I opened a support ticket and received that answer:

"If you want to grant access to the pages section of the backend administration section of the CMS for a custom role, you need to set the permissions accordingly and turn off a filter, which was introduced in our latest version of the CMS. The filter is configurable and can be found here:

Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Pages -> Sitemap filters ->Admin ->Parameters -> IsFrontendPageManagementFilteringEnabled

If the filter is turned on ( set to "true" ) the users will be restricted and will not see the Pages node. Turning it off will let the users to be able to access the pages."

It solved my problem. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Cyril

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2014 00:00

Thank you cyril,

This fixed the problem to me!!!

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2014 00:00

@Telerik

www.sitefinity.com/.../grant-page-acces-to-role-in-backen!-don't-waste-an-hours-

Again someone having problems with this and wasting time. Still don't get it why it has to be true out of the box?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2014 00:00

Hi Markus,

Thnak you for getting our attention back to this item. We are currently engaging a discussion with our UX team on revising and introducing use-case based documentation on permissions in the product. Your feedback is kindly appreciated and will definitely be taken into account.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2014 00:00

@Boyan

...typo I know, but "enraging" is the perfect word for you to have used :)

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2014 00:00

Hi Steve,

Typo, indeed  - fixed it, thanks a lot! :) 

Actually we've already gathered significant feedback and it's been sent for further processing, UX are very enthusiastic about the task.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Oct-2015 00:00

The "video" link results in a screencast error "We're sorry! We were unable to locate the requested page."

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Oct-2015 00:00

Hi,

The video has been deleted as this is a reply posted three years ago. Please refer to our Sitefinity documentation.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

This thread is closed