Unable to create new page : Return 0 code error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:43

Unable to create new page : Return 0 code error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi Team,
Issue while creating new page error is Return 0 code.
Site is developed in 4.3 version of sitefinity and deployed on clients server,  there are some enhancement in site so we took the folder structure and DB of site and deployed on our local server for development.
When I am creating new pages in the existing site it is showing error and not allowing to create the page.
Please help in resolving this issue.

Mateen

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi Mateen,
This looks like you are working with older(before 5.1) version of sitefinity on a 5.1 database. This column was introduced with sitefinity 5.1 and the data access API of 5.1 is putting a default value of 0 when updating this column. The fact that you receive this error means that the database you work on is upgraded from a 5.1 installation but you still use this database from a pre-5.1 installation and we don't support such usage scenario. Is it possible that this is the case?
Regards,
Nikolay Datchev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi Nikolay,
Thanks for the reply.

Let me tell you I haven't upgrated anything from the existing site, I only took database and folder structrue of the existing site and deployed on other server.
Only change I have made is:
When I deployed it successfully one page of site was not appearing it was showing error that cannot insert null value in temp_column_a coloumn.
I have followed the path shown in error message : sf_permissions -> temp_column_a -> checked allow null. Whether this change is creating problem in adding new pages???

Could you please tell me what steps I have to follow to resolve this.

Thanks,
Mateen

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi Mateen,

We have verified the license holder of the license supplied with this project has active subscription for our 5.1 version, so you can obtain the 5.1 license from your client.

In addition to the above, I believe there should have been no content changes since the experienced exception was preventing you from operating with the product. Downgrade is not an officially supported option, and we would strongly advise you against it.  You can move on to fully upgrading your project to the 5.1 version and restore the project to it fully operable condition.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello Mateen,
By looking at your database sf_schema_vrsns table. It is 100% clear that some of the tables were upgraded to sitefinity 5.1 sp1 I guess by some accident(seems this happend on 31 July 2012) and some are still 4.4. Some project called TestProject that is 5.1 sp1 has connected to the database and has upgraded part of the structure. This means that you are accessing a semi-upgraded database with a 4.4 installation. I am not sure how this happend, but the solution is either to get a backup of the 4.4 version of the database propr to this accidental upgrade or to migrate your pojecct to 5.1 sp1 entirely.

Greetings, Nikolay Datchev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi Nikolay,
Thanks for the instant reply.
Well I don't want to upgrade my database to 5.1 sp because my client has license of version 4.4.
And I have worked on site so I cant revert back because my changes will get lost.
Please give the sugession what I can do, I am in big trouble.
Please help me on in resolving this waiting for the reply.

Mateen

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2012 00:00

Hello Mateen,

Please excuse us for the double post, but we have edited the intial one containsing the sensitive FTP data so it's not visible to the public anymore.

We have verified the license holder of the license supplied with this project has active subscription for our 5.1 version, so you can obtain the 5.1 license from your client.

In addition to the above, I believe there should have been no content changes since the experienced exception was preventing you from operating with the product. Downgrade is not an officially supported option, and we would strongly advise you against it.  You can move on to fully upgrading your project to the 5.1 version and restore the project to it fully operable condition.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi  Nikolay ,
Thanks for the support, would you please tell me what are steps to be followed to upgrade the Sitefinity version 4.4 to  5.1 sp1. 
Please help me out in this.

Thanks,
Mateen

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi Mateen,

In order to upgrade from 4.4 to 5.1 SP1 you need to go through the following steps:

4.4 -> 5.0

5.0 -> 5.1 SP1

You can check the following article from our documentation which has the upgrade process explained in details:

www.sitefinity.com/.../upgrade

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed