JS Error on Second Language Version

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:49

JS Error on Second Language Version

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2012 00:00

We've created a simple English site with a few pages for development. We are using the latest version, Sitefinity 5.1.3270.0 PE.
The site is going to be bilingual, and I'm trying to add a French version of the content. I start by going to Administration -> Settings -> Languages and adding the French language. Everything works and I save.

When I visit the Pages tab, there is now the extra column for different language versions, with French grayed out. I click the FR icon to create a french version of the page.

I'm now taken to the page asking to me either Copy from another language version or Start from scratch, however neither of these links work. On closer inspection, I see there is a javascript error being thrown when the page loads.

The error seems to be coming from this line:
if(firstItem)firstItem.prop(this._get_selectedAttributeSelector(),true); 

The error reads:

FF: TypeError: firstItem.prop is not a function
IE9: Object doesn't support property or method 'prop'
Chrome: Uncaught TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'prop'

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi Raymond, did you ever get this issue resolved? I'm experiencing the same error.

Edit:In case anyone else experiences this issue, it was the result of a jquery conflict in the site template.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi Dave,

As strange as it sounds, I think the problem had to do with a content place holder tag in the head of our masterpage. If I remember correctly, one of our new employees created the masterpage file and didn't remove the tag, which caused javascript errors in a number of places.

This thread is closed