Google Analytics No Longer Working

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:52

Google Analytics No Longer Working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2012 00:00

I recently had a problem with Analytics in Sitefinity crashing.  

This article described exactly what was happening on my site so I upgraded my site to 5.1.3270.

The analytics page no longer crashes for me but I get a message saying that I have a corrupt configuration file.  Neither button works to fix the problem so I tried the "Discard Settings and Rerun First Time Setup" option.

When, prompted I enter my Google Analytics login and I get the following message:
"The login credentials provided are not linked with any Google Analytics accounts."

Those credentials are the same ones I've always used... and I'm able to login directly to Google Analytics without any problems.

I've tried all the recommendations in this article as well but nothing works.  What can I do to get this working again?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi Jay,

I have this exact same problem too in 5.1.3270 - have you made any progress?

Regards,
Robin.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2012 00:00

I also have this issue in 5.1.3270. I confirm Jay's assessment that no restorative actions that he's cited are effective. I also tried reverting to the original GoogleAnalyticsPlugin dll from 5.1SP1 without success. It seems the Google Analytics login process for the Analytics module is just broken in 5.1.3270.  My next step is to try to use JustDecompile to try to see what may be wrong with the login portion of the module. Any other insights that others might share would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Aug-2012 00:00

We are having the same issues with multiple 5.x sites. Everyone one I've checked out thus far are all having issues now of logging in. I believe this began last week? Because I've followed the normal 'delete the configurations', 'replace the dll' and no luck. Last week when I replaced the first DLL, I got that site up and going but that same site today does not work (no changes). It's likely something is broken. Anyone else? Any solutions? Gonna start getting many grumpy calls soon.

Same, tried the dll replace (build is 3270), tried the config delete, but can't login any sites

Hi guys,

We are aware of the issue with the Analytics Module. It is most likely due to a change to the API on Google's side. We are working on a fix. In the meantime, no data is lost, I would like to kindly ask you, if possible, to use the Google Analytics website to view your stats. You will be the first to know once we have a fix.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2012 00:00

Thank you for the update Atanas. When a fix is available can you please use the KB. Now that there is an rss feed for the KB I actually know when you guys fix something and it's very convenient.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Sep-2012 00:00

@Telerik 

Any news on this? Clients start asking and I would like to give them an estimate. At least tell us if this is going to be fixed in 5.2. 

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Sep-2012 00:00

Hello,

We are working hard to release a fix as soon as possible. Stay tuned.

All the best,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2012 00:00

Dear Atanas

Are you planning a fix for all versions or just for 5.1 SP1. Because it stopped working in all versions and if the fix is only in the new version then we would be forced to update any older SF intallation automatically. Which in many cases would mean extra money to be spent either by the client or us developers if we do it for free.

Markus

Great news for all on 5.1 I guess

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity/general-discussions/sitefinity-5-1-sp2-released.aspx#2261715 

What about those on 4.4. Do we get a fix or do we now have to upgrade all older Versions?

As said a 4.4 to 5.0 to 5.1 can take easely 4-8 hours with testing. 

Markus

I second this - Please give us a fix in 4.4 !

@Telerik

Sometimes I whish there were hotfixes in which you would simply have to replace a .dll and not go through all the hassle of upgrading process.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2012 00:00

Hello,

We are starting to prepare hotfixes for this issue for the past official versions as well, starting from next week. It's going to be just as Markus proposed - just override the analytics dlls and the xap files in the ClientBin. This will take us some time, but we'll do it. The fixes will be available in the Downloads sections of your accounts under every version. 

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2012 00:00

Dear Georgi

Absolute great news! Thank's a whole heap!

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi Georgi,

Any idea of a timeline that I could give to my client?  She is on sitefinity 4.2.  Also when you say it will be available under the downloads where is that exactly?  Thank you for your help!

Thanks,

Ari 

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Sep-2012 00:00

Dear Georgi

Are the .dll updates in work or even released?

Looking possible for analytics dll for 4.4 and 5.1. I guess others need other version.

Any news on this?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Sep-2012 00:00

Eagerly waiting for a resolution.........................

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2012 00:00

Hello guys,

Thank you for your patience so far. Specific updates for versions 4.2 and 4.4 are coming next week. @Nimit, if you let us know about the version you have, we might prioritize the fix for it. 

@Markus, 5.1 is pretty close to 5.1 SP2. I'd suggest you going straight to SP2, the upgrade should be an easy one. Don't get me wrong, we still consider a fix for 5.1, hopefully next week.

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team

@Georgi

Thank's for the news. I will wait for 5.2 in October. The old 4.4 are more important to me. 5.1 are mostly still in development

Markus

@Georgi

Thank you for the news!  I look forward to getting the patch onto my clients site!

Ari

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2012 00:00

Have you received a fix?  I have the same problem too.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2012 00:00

Hello,

Do you have some news? Is there a fix for SF 5.0?

Thanks,
Iuliu

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2012 00:00

Hello,
Does anyone knows anything about the update for version 4.4 who solve google analytic's bug?
Thx Raph

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Oct-2012 00:00

Hi Georgi,

I'm wondering where this download section can be found. Can you please tell us (preferably in detail) where this page can be found? We're waiting for a fix for 5.0.

Thanks already!

Menno

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Oct-2012 00:00

@all

Here seems to be the solution: www.sitefinity.com/.../the-analytics-module-throws-an-exception-when-loading-the-modules-dashboard

I did exactely that and get an: Account is not linked to analytics account when I use the same credentials that work on google.com/analytics.

Looking forward to your feedback if it works for you guys.

-------------------------

@All
I was wrong about the KB article fixing stuff. Goolge Analytics is STILL not working if you don't upgrade.

@Telerik. Your product is broken, We paid money and deserve a fix other then forcing us to upgrade multiple sites, which is somtimes simply not possible for many reasons!

Here is what Support worte me about my problem that google account seems not to be linked.

The file in the KB is
for earlier version of Sitefinity than the official 5.1 SP2 - it is for build
3270 and it resolved the issues at that moment, but after that Google made some
more changes, which broke the Analytics module and our fix, by not allowing
users to use their credentials ( as in your case ). Therefore we have released
the SP2, which included fix for the Analytics module, based on the latest
changes by Google.

----------------------

The new error you are
getting is a known issue with the Analytics module due to the fact that Google
were making various changes to their API, thus breaking the functionality of
our module as well. The issue is addressed in our 5.1 SP2 release - Sitefinity
5.1 SP2, which was released weeks ago. It contains numerous fixes, including
the one for the Analytics module, therefore I would suggest you to consider
upgrading to SP2. The release notes for SP2 release can be found here:

www.sitefinity.com/.../sitefinity-5-1-sp2.aspx

" Sitefinity 5.1
SP2 has just been released. This is a service release that brings updated
Analytics module, which was malfunctioning due to Google™ Analytics™ API
changes. The service pack also provides some bug fixes requested through the
support channel. Thank you for all the feedback! "

However, I see that you are using an old version of the CMS, for which
unfortunately we do not have a fix at the moment. We might consider preparing
such fix for the version of the CMS you are using, but it may take us some time
to do that. Therefore I would suggest to consider upgrading the project, as we
have introduced a lot of new features and bug fixes in our latest release.

-------------------

What really scares me: We might consider ....

Reads to me like. Update or forget it.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Oct-2012 00:00

Hi Markus,

thanks for your input!

@Telerik: I agree with Markus and I'm hoping this will be fixed rather sooner than later. There are various reasons why we cannot update to the latest version of SF, so a fix for older versions (in our case 5.0.x) would be essential to us.

Best regards,
Menno

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2012 00:00

Hello Atanas,I went to my app_data/sitefinity/configuration and I do not have a 'AnalyticsConfiguration' file.
I went ahead and deleted DashboardPermissions (and ensured no .bak files).
After this I modified the webconfig to cause the site to restart.
Then I go to the analytics module, discard previous settings, enter in login info, and the info I know works and is being used by analytics, because the error message I get now is 'The login credentials provided are not linked with any Google Analytics accounts'. I can take the same login and login to google and I see the website. I can also verify this with 3 different sites (tested to see if different). If the login is wrong, I get 'invalid credentials'. If the login is correct, I get 'not linked'.  

The following versions of Sitefinity don't have analytics working
5.2.3700.0  works
4.4.2117.0  can't find linked accounts
5.0.2860.0  can't find linked accounts
4.4.2117.0  can't find linked accounts

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi,

I am attaching the patch archive. There are instructions inside, remember to fill in your version in the binding redirect and follow the instructions. If you encounter any issues just let us know.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Nov-2012 00:00

Works for 5.0.2860.0 !!

Thank you atana

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2012 00:00

Works for 4.4.2117.0!

Thank you very much :)

This thread is closed