Sitefinity project manager Upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1, Issue in

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:29

Sitefinity project manager Upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1, Issue in SearchBox:

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2012 00:00

Sitefinity Upgrade 5.0 to 5.1 Issue in SearchBox:

I Upgraded the sitefinity project manager 5.0 to 5.1. After this I Upgraded the solution and the Webconfig file as per instructions in the Sitefinity upgrade Documentation. On Rebuild the solution, the SearchBox control in Master page usercontrol shows error. It displays 'Unrecognized Tag Prefix error'.
So i googled and found out a solution in the link: www.sitefinity.com/.../upgrade-to-5-1-questions-issues.aspx .

As per the above link, it has mentioned that to Change the Assembly and namespace for the Searchbox control usage in sitefinity 5.1 version, So I changed the Register assembly and namespace as mentioned below.
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity.Search.Impl" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search.Web.UI.Public" TagPrefix="sfSearch" %>

But still I am getting the 'Unknown Tag prefix error' on solution rebuild. I am unable to add the control in Tagprefix in the design page. But in code behind i am able to create the control like this
Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search.Web.UI.Public.SearchBox ss = null;

Still i am unable to use the SearchBox control after upgrading the Sitefinity to 5.1.

Finally I gave a try by removing the searchBox control from the master page usercontrol and rebuild the solution, still getting an error as given below

' The type initializer for 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization.Res' threw an exception. '

We are stuck here, Please help me out with a solution for this issues. I would appreciate if I get an early response, its very urgent. Thanks in Advance

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2012 00:00

Hello,

Did you find a work around for this problem?

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi Beth,

No we haven't found any solution for this still now. We would appreciate if anyone would help resolve this issue.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi,

In most cases the error "The type initializer for" you have been experiencing while building the project may be related to some missing resources / or improperly referenced in your project.

Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce the problem with the ' The type initializer for 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization.Res' threw an exception. ' on our side. I have placed the source code on a Sitefinity 5.1 project and there weren't any exceptions in the Error List.

As for the 'Unknown Tag prefix error' it seems that the tag prefixes cannot connect some meta data from the assemblies in Sitefinity 5.1. However, I have consult our developers and they said that this behavior is coming from Visual Studio. It is not a problem in Sitefinity.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Sep-2012 00:00

Are you opening the project up by going to File>Open>Web Site... ?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi all,

I have open the project as a web site and I was able to reproduce the problem on our side. It seems that we have a bug in Sitefinity. I have logged in in our internal bug-tracking system. Hopefully we will be able to provide solution for the incoming releases. Apologies for the inconvenience. You can follow the bug status in PITS on this public URL.

As a workaround what we would suggest you is to open the project from the SitefinityWebApp file as a Sitefinity web application.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2012 00:00
This thread is closed