Installing the 5.1 SDK Breaks Thunder 1.1.7

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:53

Installing the 5.1 SDK Breaks Thunder 1.1.7

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2012 00:00

Recently I installed the 5.1 SDK and now when starting Visual Studio I receive the error

"The 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Thunder.ThunderPackage, Telerik.Sitefinity.Thunder, Version=5.1.3404.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' package did not load correctly

The problem may have been caused by a configuration change or by the installation of another extension.

Thunder is the only extension I have installed.  This is visual studio 2012 premium.  I uninstalled the Thunder extension and then re-installed and still receive the same error.

I should note that I believe this has to do with the SDK because I was using Thunder 1.1.7.0 just fine prior to installing it and my colleague whom just installed the SDK is getting the same error.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2012 00:00

I notice according to Visual Studio Gallery that this module was updated yesterday.  I am fairly sure I was using it prior to yesterday so I cannot say for certain this is related to the SDK at this point.

I find it odd that it is referencing Version 5.1.3404.0 when the the current version of Sitefinity is 5.1.3270.  I did not see any internal builds listed, but this is what this looks like?

The Telerik.Sitefinity.Thunder.ThunderPackage.dll is missing from the 11.0 -> Extensions -> <foldername>  

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Sep-2012 00:00

Hello Stacey,

We are currently investigating an issue that has been reported under Windows 8 with VS2012 where VS2010 is not installed on the machine. Could you confirm if your case is similar?

Attached is Sitefinity Thunder version 1.1.6.0 which you could use until this issue is resolved.

We are terribly sorry for the caused inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Marin Atanasov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Sep-2012 00:00

I am using Windows 7, but can confirm that I do not have VS2010 installed.  I removed all VS tools and software before installing VS2012.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2012 00:00

Hello Stacey,

This has been fixed with Thunder version 1.1.7.1 that was released together with Sitefinity 5.1 SP2.

Please let me know if you continue to reproduce this issue.

All the best,
Marin Atanasov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed