No Transaction for DynamicModuleManager

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 00:37

No Transaction for DynamicModuleManager

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2012 00:00

Hello,
In SF5.0.2800, i used transactions to commit changes done using DynamicModuleManager and other managers.
After upgrade to SF5.1.3270, i can no longer do this. I always get the scope error when using transactions with DynamicModuleManager now:

Object references between two different object scopes are not allowed. The object 'Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.SomeModule.SomeContentItem' is already managed by 'ObjectScopeImpl 0x19 OpenAccessRuntime.EnlistableObjectScope' and was tried to be managed again by 'ObjectScopeImpl 0x1b OpenAccessRuntime.EnlistableObjectScope'.

The steps to reproduce the error:
1) make a new project
2) create a dynamic module
3) use the Create Item code reference - but instead of GetManager() use GetManager(someTransactionName)
4) instead of SaveChanges use TransactionManager.CommitTransaction()

When the code finishes the data is persisted to the DB but the exception is thrown.
Am i missing something?

Lev.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi Lev,

I have answered to your question in the support ticket you have posted. You can find my answer there.

All the best,
Stoimen Stoimenov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi Stoimen,
Can you provide the solution here because I have the same problem? 

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi Diyan,

Unfortunately there isn't a workaround for now. You can vote for the PITS issue and track its progress. However we are going to try to fix this for the 5.2 release.

Kind regards,
Stoimen Stoimenov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed