Null reference error when viewing form responses

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:05

Null reference error when viewing form responses

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Sep-2012 00:00

I'm getting the error below when trying to view form responses on a particular form. What would be a likely place to start looking for the cause? This is not happening on all forms but just on this one.

Exception information:
    Exception type: NullReferenceException
    Exception message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.Views.Backend.MasterDetailView.<GetScriptDescriptors>d__0.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Forms.Web.UI.FormsMasterDetailView.GetScriptDescriptors()
   at System.Web.UI.ScriptControlManager.RegisterScriptDescriptors(IScriptControl scriptControl)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.Views.Backend.ViewBase.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.RenderContents(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children)
   at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Thanks
Ryan

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi Ryan,

We need additional information to determine the root of the problem. Would you open a support ticket and send us your project so we can set it up on our side and take a look, then we would be able to give you some ideas on what might be causing this issue.

Regards,
Miroslava
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Sep-2012 00:00

Has this been resolved?  I'm getting this error as well.

EDIT: Nevermind, my error was due to one of my own fields.  A custom form field that had an error in it.

Thanks.

This thread is closed