Workflow and Permissions for Shared Content blocks

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:27

Workflow and Permissions for Shared Content blocks

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Sep-2012 00:00

I've created a 2 level workflow for a 5.1 site. Everything seems to work except for Content blocks. The shared content blocks seem to ignore workflow. The only button available is "save changes" no matter if the user has the ability to publish to a page. 

I suspect it is a permissions problem but Content blocks is not listed in the items that I can set permissions for. 

How can I get my workflow/permissions to apply to these shared Content Blocks?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Sep-2012 00:00

Any luck with resolving this?  I'm curious about this, too.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2013 00:00

I would also like to know if there is an answer to this question.

We have a need to apply a workflow to Content Blocks

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello Brandon,

Unfortunately the Content Blocks module does not support Workflow.

As an alternative you can try creating a dynamic module using our Module Builder and migrate the content to that module, if having permissions and workflow is an essential requirement for this project.

All the best,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2013 00:00

it looks like this is still the case, which is okay but I'm curious: is there a way to tell programmatically if a content module supports workflow? is this a property or flag that I can access to determine if I should publish an item through the workflow before I try to do so?

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2013 00:00

aha never mind, I got it! just look for a defined workflow in the WorkflowConfig for a contentype that matches the desired content item type:

// determine if this content type requires workflow
var workflowCofing = Config.Get<WorkflowConfig>();
var requiresWorkflow = workflowCofing.Workflows.Elements.Any(w => w.ContentType == contentType.FullName);

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jul-2013 00:00

Hello Josh,

I am glad to hear that you managed to find a solution. Thank you for sharing it.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed