Multiple URLs for items not working.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:49

Multiple URLs for items not working.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi!
I have a document within my library which is a PDF. The url for this file just now is - www.mydomain.com/.../chapter1.pdf

This works fine, however, this is on our development site and there is a link to the same document currently on our live site which is -
www.mydomain.com/.../chapter1.pdf

I had hoped that I could manually enter the url /reviews/report/chapter1.pdf in to the allow multiple URLs but I get an error saying the url is not valid. Ive tried the url with http:// and without but it still doesnt work.

Is there a way to set this up so that old urls will point to this new location?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello,

This is a known bug in Sitefinity. For your convenience please review the bug description in PITS on the following URL. You could track the status of the bug and vote for it. I hope that the problem will be fixed soon.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2014 00:00

The link to the bug description no longer appears to be working. It's over a year later and I'm still encountering this bug (albeit, we are not using the latest version of Sitefinity). Where can I view the status of the bug?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Aug-2014 00:00

Hello Beth,

I have checked the bug's status and unfortunately it is not yet resolved. You can follow on its progress in our Feedback portal:

http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/153/Feedback/Details/100754-media-additional-urls-get-404-error

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Aug-2014 00:00

Thank you!

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2015 00:00

Can anyone comment on the resolution to this? Or include a possible workaround?

[quote]Richard said:Can anyone comment on the resolution to this? Or include a possible workaround?[/quote]

I would maybe say handle the global errors message and look for file not found or something, then search documents additional field for a match and if found 301 the user over to that document...sounds like it would work (in theory I suppose)

@Steve: Nice creative workaround! I suppose if the whole process can be completed in not too long, it would be implementable. 

If anyone else tries this, let us know. I'll give her a look in the near future and post my findings.... then sell it to Telerik ;)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2016 00:00

From Telerik support:
To enable such additional URLs, go to Advanced Settings -> Libraries -> MediaFileAdditionalUrls and check the Media items additional URLs relative to site root (not to a containing page) checkbox.

Thanks for the info. What version of Sitefinity are you using? I don't see "MediaFileAdditionalUrls" in the Libraries option tree in my version. (7.3)

It was implemented in 8.0.5703.0.

Thank you!

This thread is closed