5.1 SP2 Events Website renders mailto link

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:40

5.1 SP2 Events Website renders mailto link

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2012 00:00

The events full item default widget template does render a mailto: link for the web site.

Can anyone check/confirm.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Oct-2012 00:00

Hello Markus,

I was not able to reproduce this on my end - see video. Let me know if I am missing something. The following is the default code we use in Sitefinity to display the items.

/// <summary>
       /// phrase: Contact Email
       /// </summary>
       [ResourceEntry("ContactEmail",
           Value = "<strong>Email:</strong> <a href='mailto:0'>0</a>",
           Description = "Contact Name",
           LastModified = "2011/05/09")]
       public string ContactEmail

get return this["ContactEmail"];

/// <summary>
       /// phrase: Web Site
       /// </summary>
       [ResourceEntry("WebSite",
           Value = "<strong>Website:</strong> <a href='0'>0</a>",
           Description = "phrase: Web Site",
           LastModified = "2011/05/09")]
       public string WebSite

get return this["WebSite"];

It is possible to have a wrong entry for the label of this particular field. Go to Administration->Interface Labels & Messages, and search for it - see second video for reference.
Regards,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2012 00:00

Dear Pavel

I found the error. Look at the images and you know why this is happening. I EXPECT the German Language Files to be fixed as soon as possible. This hast just cost me another 30 minutes to find out :-(

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2012 00:00

Hello,

It seems that this is a bug in Sitefinity. I have logged it in our internal bug-tracking system. You can track its status in PITS on the following URL. Hopefully, we will fix this problem soon. As a workaround I can suggest you to change the label from the backend of Sitefinity.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused! Your Telerik points have been updated.

Greetings,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Oct-2012 00:00

Dear Stefani

For once I really did figure out that I had to change the label myself :-).

Hopefully, we will fix this problem soon
UNQUOTE

How about the Nike slogan. Just do it! It takes 2 min to fix this. Less then opening a PITS issue probably. It would be a major disapointment if the error still exists in the next language file becuase on every update you would have to remember to change the labels.

So i am not hoping but expecting that you will deliver :-)

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Oct-2012 00:00

Hi Markus,

The problem will be fixed in the next German language pack for Sitefintiy 5.2.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

This thread is closed