New sitefinity.com forum

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 05:14

New sitefinity.com forum

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2012 00:00

Someone forgot to add in the format code tool into the forum post radeditor.  We can't paste readable code into here right now.

Trying to keep all shortcomings at one place.

- slow 
- no code paste  => seems to be solved :-)
- no search within forums
- no notification to answers in own post
- broken links search on sf as well as google => seems to be solved :-)
- Registration date changes when you change nickname
- no indication on new or solved/answered threads
- Remember me on Login does not keep data
- No RadEditor tool to insert a link, only UnLink
- Responsive Design takes Log-in away
- Lines on Editor when scrolling (at least in chrome on my machine)
- Firefox eiditor after attachment screencast.com/.../eohje1bbYE3H
- Scrollbars not touch userfriendly

Markus

PS: Whats the deal about featured. Have not yet figured out when I can set that and if my settings are visible for all.

----------------------

I thought it was very practical to see Telerik Admin as Nick when Telerik answered. You had immediately on overview where you had 'official' feedback. 

Hi guys,

Considering the code block option of the rad editor and the search for forums - these are features that we will add soon. The registration date is an issue that we are currently working on.
The notifications seem to be working fine for me, but maybe I am not getting exactly the case that you are talking about, so can you give more details about it?
As for the solved/answered threads - this feature is still here, it is only called "Featured" now. So in two words - "featured" equals "answered".
Let me know if you have other concerns about the forums.

Greetings,
Svetoslav Petsov,
The Telerik Team

Dear Svetsolav

We look ahead of brining back the missing functions.

As per notification. I did not receive an email from your post. If I click on Email Subscription I am told that I have already subscribed. I guess this is happening automatically. So maybe if you subscribe manually by clicking on Email subscription it works but the automatic subscription does not send mails.

Answering is much more commplicated. It used to be that when I clicked on answer the post were sorted the other way around so I could se the last post I most likely was answering to. Now I have to scroll down every time.

Hope to see the features back soon along with some drastic speed improvements.

And don't worry about the registration date. That's the least of the problems. Also glad you cleared the featured thing up for me. Would be nice if a post has an featured mark on it that it would be displayed in the overview. We used to have checkmarks vs. question mark. 

Also in this thread there is no way for me to mark featured on any post :-(

PS: the scrollbars are nicly formated but let me tell you on my windows tablet they are no joy to use for scrolling - I would not mind if you added 5px :-)

Also the bottom blue links when hovered to not look as good on gray as they do on white ;-)

Also I would not mind if the overview was a bit compacter less space between thread. Less scrolling. But that's just feedback at position 54089 to be considered.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Oct-2012 00:00

The code block is added now, as well

Console.WriteLine("Greetings,");
Svetoslav Petsov,
The Telerik Team

Dear Svetoslav

Thank's 2 down, 5 to go. Keept the rate up till 5.3 comes out. If you fix one thing a day then Sitfinity will be back to its glory days!

Have a nice weekend.

Markus

I have yet to be emailed when someone replies to one of my posts, so not working here either (nothing in spam folder either)

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2012 00:00

@Telerik

These missing things make it still hard to work with the forums. The Forums really are importend to developers of SF solutions.

- slow 
- Responsive Design takes Log-in away
- Firefox eiditor after attachment screencast.com/.../eohje1bbYE3H

Markus

Hi guys,

The bug with the registration date is resolved and we will soon upload it.
 On the notifications - can you just test with another email from yahoo or gmail, for example, as we cannot reproduce the issue here. There was a problem before, where we had noreply@noreply.com as sender and gmail's server directly blocked those emails - it didn't even send them to your Spam box, so they did not appear anywhere. Is it possible that these emails are being blocked by your email servers, as well?

Kind regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Svetoslav
I am not going to change my e-mail address to an @gmail.com on my profile. I want my notifications in my regular mailbox. 
How about the other issues. Registration date is really not important. Search, speed and notifications should be fixed first.
Markus

@Svetoslav
  I use a gmail apps account, dont have another one to test with.  I've never received any mail from anyone, and I started this thread too :)

FYI change the "MARK AS FEATURED" to Mark as Answered, it makes almost NO sense being called FEATURED.

"Is it possible that these emails are being blocked by your email servers, as well?"  Email from you guys was never blocked before, gmail spam folder is totally empty too.

@Svetsolav

Are you telling me that you actually receive notifications on your @gmail.com or @hotmail.com account and its just steve @gmail.com and me @marktold.com as well as Jochem not receiving notifications. 

Well if this is the case then i must be a rights thing, maybe. Are notifications handled in pure 5.1 forums, notifications matther?

BTW Its funny how you ask on the forum for help to fix something on your own site :-)

Markus

Just FYI.. I did not receive a notification to a reply in this thread: www.sitefinity.com/.../sitefinity-website-changes-where-is-half-the-stuff-
My address is not gmail or hotmail.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Oct-2012 00:00

@Telerik

Trying to keep track of the issues, added new once on the bottom

- slow 
- Responsive Design takes Log-in away  www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_responsive_forum.swf
- Firefox editor unusable after attachment screencast.com/.../eohje1bbYE3H
  Answer area looks different on FF and Chrome anyhow. See attachments.

Just some ideas in case you did not know what to do over the weekend.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Oct-2012 00:00

I'm going to, shamelessly, inject a "wish"...

I would REALLY like to be able to mark threads as answered if OP doesn't. (Especially for titled posters...we need the points! Speaking of, where did the titles go?)

Add some sort of check-and-balance-2-votes-or-something-needed system if need be but please let me mark correct answers if i see them! :)

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Nov-2012 00:00

@Markus

I agree with all of these.

The current situation with the search, on a technical support site, is simply unforgivable - the site should NEVER have gone live like this.

"Featured" instead of "Solution" - what marketing team decided that one ?

The notifications definitely does NOT work - I have not received a notification for any post, since the new site went live - be it a reply to a thread I subscribed to, replied to, or created.

Loss (or invalidation) of authentication cookie drives me nuts - it seems like I need to log-in almost every time I visit the forum.

Scroll-region lines and Scrollbars in Chrome (and ChromeFrame) really sucks, as does the editor area overlay, which hides the last post... the very one you are most likely replying to.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Dec-2012 00:00

@Telerik

I know that 5.3 is around the corner. Just wanted to remind you that there is still much potential for the SF forums. Or in other words - yes we are still missing stuff.

Steve for one would really love to link stuff!
Me - I loved to be able to search individual forums

Markus

PS: And thanks for sending me an email to tell me that I just wrote this. In about 40 years this feature will come in handy for me since I probably will not remember what I did 5 minutes ago. At the moment I could do without it :-)

@Markus

I'm pleased for you that you still have 40 years before that happens... I forget what I'm doing between mouse-clicks - LOL.

And on the subject of forgetting, I wish the forum authentication had a slightly longer memory than me.

And I *REALLY* wish that the reply box didn't overlay the last message the way it does, meaning that you generally can't read the last half of the post you are typically replying to.

And there was a whole bunch of others too, but I forget what they were now...

@MB

I am dead serious. I don't remember having received a notification for my last post. So that might have been fixed.

Besids the overlapping. If they would on edit sort it the other way around we ..
a) would not have to scroll down all the way
b) would be able to see erverything.

@Telerik

If I don't get a copy of this message - then thanks for fixing
If I get a message  - I might be more forgetfull then I thought ;-)

Markus

PS: I got the message - so its me getting older sooner then I thought ;-(

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello all,

I am writing to notify you that we have resolved most of the issues covered in this thread. What is left are a couple of things:

1) Notfication for own posts - we need a little bit more time to resolve this within Sitefinity itself.
2) Search by forum/forum group. We are ready with the fix. What follows is to release the fix on December 18, after this we will need couple of days for the Google Search Appliance to index the new meta data for forums pages. Then the feature will be enabled and fully visible in the search results page. We have also brought back the sorting options in search, as well as the related searches.
3) Indication for answered threads in thread list - we need a little bit more time to resolve this within Sitefinity. Most probably we this issue will be resolved in late January.

If you notice something else, as always feel free to report it. We will make sure that you have the best experience on our website.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Feb-2013 00:00

@Radoslav

Any news since your last post in December? 

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

Items 1 and 3 require that we touch the forums module and the notificaiton service implementation. We have identified the points where the module needs tobe extended, however cannot commit on a time frame at the moment.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Dear Radoslav

Thank's for the feedback. 

About 2) how do I search the the bugs & issues part only?

Markus

Hey Rado,
  Think perhaps you could just change the editor definition here on the forums to use <br/> on enter instead of <p>?

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi,

@Markus - you should see a search bar under the forum title. This will search in the related forum  and then let you filter by forum groups and different forums.

@Steve - I am not sure if everyone will prefer the br instead of p.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Dear Radoslav

Is this new or did I simply miss it all the time.

Well if it's new could it be that setting link in post are no longer working?

Markus

@Radoslav

Telerik.com standardized on <br />...but I really could care less as long as you can style out the 18px margin-bottom padding....that's the annoying part, I just want to go to a new line, not drop down 20-40 pixels.

Part of it is the style of this box I'm typing in right now is a fixed height of 200px, and everytimeI hit enter what I've previously typed just goes WHOOP up where I have to scroll back.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2013 00:00

@Markus: are you talking about this: http://screencast.com/t/UsBsdd3fHXJP

@Steve: will be set with the next upload (3/19).

Greetings,

Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

@Radoslav

No I am talking about this: http://www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_forum_link_problem.swf

When you mark a text and want to set the link then it will not work.

Markus

PS: I would not mind if the Reply button was not that big. But thats just me.

Since the filtermenu seems to allow only one selection (unless I am wrong) why not make it a dropdown box and save us a lot of space and scrolling. sf_new_forum_filter.png

And I my chrome the Link to this post is outside of where it should be. Allmost missed the Edit Post link. sf_changes_forums.png

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi,

@Markuks, thanks for the clarification on the links. We will try to resolve this for our next upload. The suggestion for the forums is a good one. We already planned to make this a dropdown. We will try to use the same approach as in the partners section.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2013 00:00

Anyone else still anoyed about the mails you get for your own posts?

Telerik have you given up on this?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

We are in the process of implementing this for Sitefinity. It will be available in the next major version of Sitefinity (e.g. 6.1). Once we implement it there we will also apply it on www.sitefinity.com.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2013 00:00

Dear Radoslav

Hope the mails notifications for own post is really fixed in 6.1 and you will update this forum soon. 

One more thing. Since I know very little I ask many questions and get many mails with New post is submited. How about adding the first 60 letters of the thread title to it

Old: New post is submitted
New: New post : new sitefinity.com forum

It would actually help me find which mail to open more easely.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2013 00:00

Hello 

When I enter a search term in IE 11 on www.sitefinity.com/.../forums and hit enter I get nor results. I need to click the magnifier glass. Works OK in Chrome.

Markus

This thread is closed