Creating a search index on Taxonomies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:16

Creating a search index on Taxonomies

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2012 00:00

I have created various custom hierarchical taxonomies that I have associated to custom modules.  I am able to create a search index off of the short and long text fields of my custom module and all that is working fine.  But I would like the taxonomies that are assigned to the custom module to also be searchable.  So say for instance I have a color taxonomy and assign a color of white to one of my content entries.  I would like to be able to search on white and have that displayed.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Oct-2012 00:00

Hello,

A blog post on Sitefinity blogs will be released next week covering the implementation of this scenario indexing taxonomies in Sitefinity. Keep on a lookout as the final touches on the implementation are being done now until the publish of the solution.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Oct-2012 00:00

I work with Andrew and we came up with this solution: www.benramey.com/.../

I'm curious how far we are from the official advice.  :-)

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Oct-2012 00:00

Hi,

Here is a link to the blog post, the approach in it is a little different.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed