Again, 5.1 is extremely slow in loading pages !

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:55

Again, 5.1 is extremely slow in loading pages !

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Oct-2012 00:00

Hi All,

We have a major issue with the Sitefinity 5.1 website. All pages load very sloooow in the first call, it takes some time more than a 30 seconds to load for some pages.

I read a lot about about keeping the pages alive and do some crawling to refresh the site in the forum but there is no reason for an asp.net page to take that much time as we did not face this issue with older  projects built using the Sitefinity 3.7 version, and we do not face such delays with any ASP.NET site in general.

We are about to launch a major site and this issue is extremely annoying and holding us back from the go live.

I hope someone can help in this regard .   

Thank you 

Hey Ibrahim,

Since you've read the forums already, you know this is unfortunately happening. At the moment the best you can do is keeping the app from recycling and keeping it warm by means of for instance Steve McNiven's Sitefinity Primer (nuget.org/.../SitefinityPrimer
)

Jochem

Keep in mind though, primer is mostly just for getting the backend up and running faster

For frontend there's these:
www.sitefinity.com/.../sitefinity_performance_boosters_-_keeping_your_pages_warm

www.sitefinity.com/.../

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Oct-2012 00:00

Thanks Jochem and Steve for your response.
As you said Jochem, it is unfortunate to have such issue specially when you compare Sitefinity with other ASP.NET applications that runs and compile faster after the pool recycle. I hope it will be resolved in the coming releases.

I will try  your suggested solutions for now.

Thank you,

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Oct-2012 00:00

Hello Ibrahim,

Thanks for using Sitefinity.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your site's performance. Both Steve and Jochem have provided great examples on how to increase performance and I endorse them. 

Sitefinity is a large ASP.NET project. Like all ASP.NET projects it is subject to initialization speed degradation at a rate proportionate to the size of the application itself.  ASP.NET applications will "time-out" or become "cold" after 20 minutes of no activity or after the AppPool resets itself. Sitefinity is no exception but the examples outlined in Jochem and Steve's posts about crawling pages will help keep your site alive and for your first user to not experience that heavy initial load time. There are a number of other solutions including creating your own site fingering using the global.asax file and a timer or if your hosting provider offers some sort of automated task system. If you are on shared hosting check out this article. Otherwise take a look at Steve and Jochems suggested links. If you are still experiencing problems and are using IIS 6+ check this out.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Nov-2012 00:00

We've continually had speed problems with Sitefinity.  I was hoping to avoid having to use another CMS but with every new release we hope for better performance and each release disappoints.  Unfortunately our problem has nothing to do with the server being idle.  

Our main issue is with the Admin interface.  When someone logs into sitefinity to update pages it slows down the entire site to our external customers.  We also spontaneously get logged out while in the middle of changes.

Does anyone else have this issue?  

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Matt,

What are you setting your application pool memory limits to and are they shared with any other web application? This is typically the only instance where you will come across resets (Memory pool out of memory will recycle itself). Please see the system requirements for Sitefinity 5x.

Have you checked out some of the solutions outlined below? I have Sitefinity 5.1 installed on Arvixe business class shared with 500Mb dedicated App_Pools for my blog which takes ~1200+ hits/day and I have not run into any performance related issues on the front or back end.

If you can give me some idea about your environment I'm sure we can get it running smooth for you.

In the mean time check out this post on keeping the site warm and the links below about keeping your backend warm as well.

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2012 00:00

One of my favorites, you can try deactivating unused modules.

From the docs:
"The less modules and services load – the faster the startup times."

This thread is closed