PasswordStrengthRegularExpression doesn't work

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:24

PasswordStrengthRegularExpression doesn't work

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Oct-2012 00:00

Hi, Sitefinity Team and everyone!

I have an issue with MemberShip provider. When user forget password, Sitefinity should reset ald password and send it to user via email.
I want Sitefinity create passwords only in alphanumeric format (min 8 symbols length).
I've found tool (www.gskinner.com/.../) for creating regular expressions. So, alphanumeric expression is - ^[0-9A-Z]8,$
I write this expression to passwordStrengthRegularExpression and restart Sitefinity. BUT system generates passwords like DfF*G5.

Please, help me to resolve this problem ASAP.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi Team,

we are using Sitefinity 7.1 and I am facing similar issue when I try to set PasswordStrengthRegularExpression as shown in this article, the blog.falafel.com/.../ . the expression set is not considered when reset password inside user profile is clicked nor when a new user is created. 

Any help on this is appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi Hemnath,

With current implementation auto generated password cannot be modified. What you can try to do is to implement a custom membership provided that inherits from our OpenAccessMembershipProvider. Then you have to override ResetPassword method. There you should plug your custom reset password logic that will generate passwords in desired format. You can find how to change user password using Sitefinity API from the following documentation article:

Changing password

This custom provider should be registered in Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Security -> Membership Providers. Keep in mind that this is just an idea where you can plug your custom logic and you will need to implement this in the most suitable for your way.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed